Illumina Research Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Illumina Research Associate I Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

3.2

Research Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

Applied on the Illumina careers website (they use the myworkdays website, like Pfizer and other employers) , about two weeks later, was notified by email that I received a preliminary one-sided video interview through Hirevue. Position cancelled due to COVID.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to troubleshoot something on the bench.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

The first step was Online video interview where no technical questions were asked. Most of the questions were focused on interaction with others during group work. One question was also asked about company values.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you worked in the group and what was your contribution?   Answer Question
    • How did you approach a problem and tackle it?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina.

Interview

I received an email for a video interview approximately 2 weeks after applying. You get 5 days to submit the phone interview, it's been about 3 weeks since I submitted and I have not heard back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Meet the hiring manager at the head quarter campus in San Diego during lunch. we had a chat and he knew my background so we talked about it. We talked about hobbies to see if we click and fit into culture of the company.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (Foster City, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

TLDR; was invited to an onsite interview that was never scheduled. jumped through hoops to contact HR who claimed they "forgot" to reply to me and that the position was filled.

Was invited for a phone screen with HR 2 months after I submitted my application. Took and passed the first screen and was invited to a phone call with the hiring manager soon after. I completed the second phone call and a few days later I was notified I passed. I was asked to provide my availability for an on-site interview over the next two weeks. I replied promptly. Two weeks went by without any reply. I followed up with an email to the HR; no reply. I called and asked to be forwarded to the HR rep I spoke to and was asked to email a candidate service email. I finally received an email from the HR person that was my contact. Was notified that the position had been filled and that he/she "forgot" to let me know. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via an employee referral, received an email with a link for an online video interview, consisting of four questions. Instructions were to record your answer to each question, given a short time to prep for each.

Interview Questions

• describe an experiment of yours that failed, and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview about past experience and how it relates to the position, no behavioral questions. On site interview 2 weeks later, 4 sessions of 3 minutes with 2 interviewers each, asking behavioral questions, past experience, and a logic puzzle. Asked to describe specific instances for many questions, but the interviewers do a good job directing the conversation towards what they want. Very friendly and personable people.

Interview Questions

• What is a specific example where you have solved a complex problem in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Around 30 minutes of Phone interview and if you pass the phone interview then you go for In-person interview, which took around 1hr and 30 minutes. You will meet the teammates of the team that you will be working with. They each ask you questions to see if you fit in with the team culture.

Research Associate I Interview

Interview

Phone interview around 30min, asking a lot of scenario questions to see how you approach the problems. screening more about your personality type , if they like you they will bring you in for an on site interview

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

First was a phone interview with a recruiter who had emailed me about 3 weeks after I applied for the job on Illumina's web site. She told me about the company and asked a few questions to see if I was interested and available.

A week later I had a 20-minute phone interview, simultaneously with several interviewers. Very standard questions were asked. It was very brief and to-the-point.

A week later I was invited on-site to do four 30-minute interviews with panels of scientists and engineers. These interviews felt much friendlier than the previous phone interview. I was asked about how my previous team was organized. I was asked multiple times by different interviewers how I felt about working in a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how our sequencing technology works? Please walk us through how Illumina sequencing works.
      What do you like about working in a lab?
      How much DNA do you load onto the sequencer?
      Do you feel comfortable giving presentations?
      Why do you want to work at Illumina, as opposed to other nearby companies like Gilead or Genentech?
      Do you have any experience with analysis of Next-genration sequencing data?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.