Illumina Research Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Illumina Research Associate II Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

3.3

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

In the first step, I completed an application. A week later, they had an online interview using HireVue. After another week, I heard back that I was having an in-person interview; it took 3 weeks to schedule this as the HR person had some personal things come up. During the in-person interview, I met with 7 members of the potential team. It took them 3 weeks to respond about my status.

Interview Questions

• Online questions included: What is your background? Why interested in the company? Describe your experience with problem solving.

In person included questions similar to the online questions and also: What do you know about our instruments? Why hire you? There were a few hypothetical scenarios and how I'd respond.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with four scientists who asked questions about previous lab experience and projects. They discussed potential projects that they were looking for potential candidates to work on and asked questions to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a PCR reaction that shows positive bands in all samples including the negative control?   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a referral and interviewed 2 days after. The interview lasted 2 hours and I met with three separate people. I went through questions about myself and talked about my previous work and how I approached different problems. After the interview my references were checked and I had an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class?
      Tell me how you troubleshooted an assay?
      Walk me through an experiment you performed.
      Why do you want to work at Illumina?   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by recruiter. After interview process they never got back to me. No reply to my follow up email. Interview questions were standard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self . What are your working hours . How did you find out about us.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.