Illumina Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Illumina Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Illumina

2.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Illumina in June 2020.

Interview

Hirevue video recording interview sent directly.Not even a pre HR call to know about you or to let you know about the process.Hirevue video recording questions was odd with no human interaction with some technical and general questions.6 weeks later now no feedback at all from this organization.I would not consider this organization in future.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Illumina

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Illumina (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied for one position in June 2020. Ended up getting interviews for two positions (1 I did not even apply for). Which is nice they actually share your resume around.

HR interviews were easy. I moved on to speak with the hiring managers for both positions. Both managers asked questions similar to what I experienced as a new grad years ago. Heap vs stack, stack vs queue, right join vs left join. Questions that were not relevant to the job and did not match the job description.

At the very first HR interview, I stated I was looking for a fully remote position or at least partial remote coming into office no more than twice a week. HR seemed to think this was possible.

The hiring managers said positions were remote "for now" but would highly recommend full in office when possible at some unknown time in the future. I was not happy with this unknown and lack of WFH availability. I stopped interviewing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Illumina (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It was fair and comfortable. Questions were not general. Some job related questions were also asked. Technical questions were average. Overall, I had a great interview session. Questions were mostly related to genomics.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was contacted through the recruiter of the company. Initial call with the recruiter and then a technical phone screen with the staff engineer, asked some technical questions. Next round was onsite with 4 people. The interview went well with all the interviewers. The questions were basic algorithms and data structures and all of them were solved in best time complexity. All the interviewers except the hiring manager told me that I am best suited for the job as my skills match the exact requirements for the job.
    They said that the feedback will be given in 3 days. There was no response and contacted the recruiter and they didnt bother to reply. After a week contacted the main recruiter of the company who contacted me initially, got a call in 2 hours from the recruiter who scheduled the interview, missed the call and sent a mail asking for feedback in mail. The recruiter replied and asked the best time to call again. I gave the time and talked to recruiter, the recruiter said that "The feedback was just given and the team was not clear about the requirements and were not sure what kind of resource and skills they wanted, they are clear now and my skills dont match their requirements".
    I was not sure why the interviewing team was saying that my skills match exactly what they are doing.

I would suggest the recruiting team to have the requirements and the skills needed cleared before contacting the candidates and also the candidates should get these things cleared before interviewing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Illumina (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Was approached by a company HR and the interview was scheduled after a short initial call. The HR warned that the interview and subsequent processes could be quite slow. I was still positive to continue having researched about the business.

The interview was scheduled a week later. There was only a design question asked, which was easy, and I'm confident that I did well. The reaction of interviewers at the end felt like they were impressed. But there was no response from the company even after several weeks.

Though I had two other offers in my hand by then, I emailed the HR to hear some honest feedback for the sake of my own improvement. Soon after sending the email to the HR, I got a rejection email from their interviewing system.

There was no clear process, no correlation between result and performance in the interview and absolutely no feedback. Just a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.