Impact Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Impact Interview Questions

Interviews at Impact

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Resume screening by HR, then a test was given , and a html,css,js test was also given, make sure you give optimal solution in the test. Position needed Java8 coding.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impact in November 2020.

Interview

They emphasized moving very fast in the interview process so I mentioned I was ready to start asap. I had two interviews about discussing the role/technical problems to solve. After the second interview, I followed up to then receive and email explaining to, “Hang tight, there is a possibility of another role opening that you may be a great fit for”. I responded, relieved I was still in the consideration. Although, I followed up the week after with no response. Then again 2 weeks after with no response.

Interview Questions

• If you were to drop an egg off a building, how would you determine the maximum floor you could drop it off an 100 floor building, without it breaking?   1 Answer

Senior FP&A Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Impact.

Interview

It was, quite honestly, an arduous and confusing interview process. From the get go, the role itself was not entirely clear (and not for lack of trying from the third-party recruiter, who was actually hugely helpful in navigating the process). It simply sounded like the CFO didn't really quite know exactly what they were looking for and they were figuring it out as they went, to some extent. I would expect that of a much earlier stage start-up but Impact is relatively developed. That being said, that can be quite frustrating for the candidate, especially when this was a role that wasn't applied to (the company reached out first).

The interviews themselves were not very difficult and there were very few technical questions. Yet, there were multiple rounds of interviews - several of which I did very early morning to accommodate the interviewers. And at the end of every round, every time I thought I was getting to the final round, I was told there would be one more. Then to make things even more confusing, I wasn't brought onsite but was asked how likely I would be to take the role (not an explicit offer), only then to be told that after further consideration, I wasn't the right fit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go through a sample model (from a case study I did).   1 Answer

Sales Enablement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impact (Santa Barbara, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Call with recruiter followed by two calls with other team members, then an onsite interview. The calls were all good (and the recruiters were excellent), but I was extremely underwhelmed by the onsite. When I arrived, it seemed like there was confusion about what was happening. I was given a tour of the office which looked uninspiring. I was asked to present on a couple of topics that were completely unrelated (something I would never do in "real life") and I got the impression they aren't sure of what they need in this role. The information in the job post conflicted with the information they told me during my interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impact.

Interview

The interview left very little impact on me. I got an email to schedule an interview with a recruiter for 15 minute intro interview. The email I got to schedule the interview felt very copy paste so I scheduled the interview and didn’t put much effort into it. I got the email to schedule the interview for a software engineer full stack position but when I got an email confirming the appointment it said QA position. I just went with it. I got on the call and it felt very rushed. The interviewer said they wanted someone with extensive QA experience, but if they took a look at my resume they would gave seen it was mostly software engineering work. It was just all in all confusing. I think within the first 30 seconds the interviewer wanted to close the phone. I think the whole call lasted less than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

Impact Response

12 May 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry you had a less than stellar experience as we take pride in giving our candidates the red carpet treatment. Some processes have been put in place and changes made to ensure future candidates will have plenty of time to connect with the recruiter and get all their questions answered in addition to accuracy in the scheduling.

Junior Technical Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Impact in April 2019.

Interview

It was an easy going and anxiety-free process. Just wanted to get to know me and see what my goals were and how I would best fit into the company

Sales Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Impact (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was not paying attention a common thing apparently with this company she was late and ended interview early. She was looking around the room chatting on her computer not paying attention. At one point I considered asking if she was taking the interview seriously. She refused my questions and ended the interview

Interview Questions

Impact Response

26 Apr 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to ensure everyone has a positive experience throughout the recruiting process. We apologize and will work collectively to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Data Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Impact (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Brief technical phone call, programming homework assignment, followed up with another technical phone call with a few teams. I would have liked a chance to meet the team in-person, but that didn't happen. The interviewers were very nice and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Easy-style leetcode questions, mostly about binary search trees   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Impact (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Received invitation from Impact. Initially, a phone interview was set which was screening, same like any other interview,

Round 1: Take a home assignment to be completed in 24 hours.
    Still in the process with this company.

Will update the post on the go. Still waiting to hear from them.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Impact (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was called for an interview after a week I applied online. The interview was a Zoom call and lasted about 25 min. I was interviewed by two Impact Business Development Representatives, the ones that would probably be my future teammates, it was very interesting and easy going!

Interview Questions

• Some of the interview questions were:
      1 - Tell me about yourself
      2 - How do you deal with teams and diversity?
      3 - Why did you choose Impact ?
      4 - Can you please explain your understanding of the products we have?
      5 - If you were a TV show character, who would you be? (yes, they asked me that lol)
      6 - Tell me about your weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.