Interview Question

BOA Branch Office Administrator Interview

Edward Jones

In your past work have you found and error you had made and how did you fix it?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

3 Answers

I was the purchasing manager at a furniture store. I bought accessories for 11 stores. I filled it a purchase order innocent and ordered 1 truck load of side tables when I meant to order 1 pallet of side tables. I had purchased 11 containers or truck loads of side tables. We had over 2000 side tables to sale. First I took responsibility for my mistake. I quickly created a special in store promotion by creating a large display in the front of the stores. We price tables with a 20% discount and advertised a 2 day promotion. We had sold 70% of the tables by the end of the week. I then made notes in our computer purchasing program to inform other buyers , 1 quantity meat 1 container,

Anonymous on

I made a perchasing mistake and ordered 1 container of side tables when I meant to the order 1 pallet. I made notes in computer to alert other buyers. I created a in store side table sales promotion, by grouping together a sizable display. We marked tables 20% less. Sold all extra tables and still turned a profit. I took full responsibility for my mistake and worked out a solution for management to approve.

Anonymous on

Took responsibility for mistake. Corrected mistake. Created program to not allow mistake again. Sold extra merchandise as a promotional product. Company earned income from mistake.

Kellie Daniel on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.