Inmarsat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Inmarsat Interview Questions

Interviews at Inmarsat

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Bay, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Inmarsat (Palm Bay, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Several senior devs were in town when I came in for an informal interview. The informal interview went very well so it led to a test that involved multiple stages of development. The test involved creation of a threadpool-based job-runner that would consume objects generically and perform transforms upon them. The specific transform in this case was a Wireshark file that described some network packets. It was to dissemble the packet into its various fields as described in wireshark.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Inmarsat (Orlando, FL (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was too focused on salary requirements.
    First phone interview, half hour with senior employee, indicated potential match.
    Second phone interview with less senior employee clearly showed the company does not agree on what they want and some of them are on a quest for a purple porpoise.
    They declined the 3rd step of a skills test; I would likely have aced the test but declined any offer due to low salary and indications of a poor work environment.

Interview Questions

• I asked them about the company's negative reputation in the community.   1 Answer

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by F2F at London office with 3 interviewers.
    Two technical interviewers taking turns to ask questions and an HR interviewer taking notes and asking non-technical questions.
    Unfortunately Inmarsat failed to follow up following the F2F interview, and did not respond to requests for feedback good or bad.
    Overall not a positive experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in July 2014.

Interview

There was no telephone interview. I went in for the face to face interview at their really nice London office. I was interviewed by two Senior engineers who were nice but firm in their technique. The questions ranged from the typical tell us about your self all the way to how would you scenario type questions. The technical part of the interview was based on general network questions. Know your OSI model inside out. Your CV skills section will also dictate the direction of the interview.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Chat with a manager. I arranged this using a mutual contact . We discussed the role and some of the challenges. They did not have the courtesy to reply. This was disapointing.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Very Basics revenue and account management questions from past work experience
    How much revenue I managed and grew based on targets
    Key differences between me and others
    Knowledge on maritime market and Inmarsat satellite constellation and maritime products

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Building looks good from outside but a bit dated once inside. Really easy going people and friendly approach and enjoyable process all in all. Had 2 interviews and questions weren't that hard.

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruitment process was quite protracted, it took several weeks from initial application via recruitment agency to actual interview. It then took a couple of weeks to get the outcome, although in fairness all of this was disclosed throughout the process. The interview itself was competency based with two senior managers, and was held at Inmarsat HQ.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to influence somebody to achieve a result   Answer Question

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Delayed and delayed. The management make appointments then go on holiday. forget they have trips... expect you to travel to london at a drop of the hat and then re arrange last minute. No feed back given

Interview Questions

• why you wish to work here. explain the market were in   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inmarsat (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Went for the first interview. they were really nice and confirmed that I would have heard from them within 1 week. After 10 days I've called HR and they told me that I wasn't successful. After one month they called me for second interview. Very weird. I thought that person selected might have not accepted the job. Went for the interview and they asked me questions like: "do you live in a house share" - "do you own the flat" - "Do you dream in English" - "what is our parents background". Awful interview with totally irrelevant questions. It was extremely discriminatory. They told me that I would have heard from them within one week and they never came back to me. I had to chase the HR manager several times.

Interview Questions

• Do you live in a house share?
      Do you own the flat?
      What is your parents background?   Answer Question

Inmarsat Response

14 Sep 2018

We are extremely concerned to read this review. Inmarsat has zero tolerance for any form of harassment, discrimination or bullying. We strongly urge you to reach out to us at glassdoor@inmarsat.com... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.