Instinet Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Instinet Interview Questions

Interviews at Instinet

2.9

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instinet.

Interview

Initial screening interview with an associate discussing background and future plans.
    Second round interview with directors discussing capital markets and the position itself.
    Final interview with company executives about company culture and what the interns get out of the experience

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Instinet in June 2019.

Interview

Strung me along for months and I moved on from them. They then called me and offered me the position. We negotiated and last minute called me to tell me they moved the position to NYC.

Great example of a company you don’t want to work for.

Analyst Interview

Interview

In the first round, I was interviewed by two people. They were extremely helpful describing the job and who they're looking for. I would interview with them if I had the opportunity again.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Met with 4 individuals from trade clearing, treasury, and other areas for about 20 min each. Each person was very friendly and ran through the requirements for the rotational position. Overall it was a great experience and each person for the most part asked the same questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

One technical interview (with the person I was to work with) and one with the manager. Focus on Java and Ruby on Rails. Got reply from Instinet in couple of weeks.

FPGA Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter asking typical HR questions, salary and such. Phone interview with hiring manager second. I was told of a 'take home' test that would be given on a Friday and expected to be returned on the following Monday. Manager interview followed. Technical interview to prescreen for on-site interview. Contacted by recruiter once then did not hear from him for over a month followed by hiring manager phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical clock domain crossing questions, DDR, FPGA timing analysis. Also wanted applicant to design a circuit over the weekend with testbench and results. I did not get to this point since the interviewer seemed more interested in having me describe verilog language constructs that I do not regularly use in the design of hardware circuits, maybe used in a testbench when I don't care about non-synthesizable code.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

First was a telephonic interview. Lasted for about 20 mins. The interviewer asked some questions in Java. I was on a vacation at the time of the second interview so instead of an in person interview they scheduled a telephonic interview.
    I spoke with the manager of the team for the second interview and he explained about the company and the job. Finally, I spoke with the HR and was followed by a background verification and Drug test.

Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university career link and had a phone interview shortly after, then they invited me down for an in-person interview where I had 5 separate interviews with managing directors. Basic interview questions. They just wanted to find out about past experiences and how they will translate into having a successful internship.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite thing about your past internships?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Instinet (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview with internal recruiter, Then hiring manager over the phone. Onsite interview with hiring manager and two of his employees. Good feedback after onsite interview. Then followed by a final phone interview by a senior member. Not sure why I wasn't chosen but got no feedback after the final phone interview. Checked my status online to find out application unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• what is the subnet mask for a slash 28 network.   2 Answers

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Instinet.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Met with hiring manager, HR manager and several folks from the team. Was shown around the offices. It seemed very casual. Perhaps that was the group I was joining.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.