Inter-American Development Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Inter-American Development Bank

2.9

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. If you have the talent and the qualifications you will be hired on the spot. I was asked to go through my resume and describe my career history. I was also asked about my education and what led me to get into the field I was applying for. I was asked if the commute to DC was ok for me and if I could be able to show up to work at the desired time. Once I got the ok from the hiring manager, I was asked to have a second interview with another senior manager. Once I got the green light from both, I had to wait over 4 weeks to start.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience and qualifications.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called in after I had a coffee with a specialist and another round of coffee with a consultant in the Division I was applying to. I was introduced to the lead specialist in the division and was scheduled for an in-person interview. I met with the lead specialist to speak about my previous experience and what I could add to the organization.

Interview Questions

• How do feed in tariffs help increase the amount of RE in the grid?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with panel and HR
    Technical test was requested as a written document
    Personality test online was carried out before the panel interviews
    Decision making was long typical with the IDB process

Interview Questions

• soft skills and situational skills
      "technical test" written   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Was working as a consultant for years before that so I had an advantage going into the interview of having worked with everyone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate but should have. Others are paid $10k more

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in February 2018.

Interview

Really friendly talk with the selection committees. Easy question about your past experiences and backgrounds. They really try to make you feel comfortable during the interview.
    The previous selection process was only in respect to the submission of your CV and motivation letters.

Interview Questions

• what can you offer to this job ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

1. The human resources department filters online applications and presents shortlist to hiring managers.
    2. Hiring managers may choose to interview or to select from within the list of applicants.
    3. The applicant is informed about the decision
    4.You receive a call from human resources to confirm some personal information.
    Notice that they take a lot of time to make a decision (Early April)

Interview Questions

• I had no interview, but was selected based on my experience and education.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume and got interview. Went to the office and had a interview for my internship. It was positive. They were really nice. I have a positive impression to them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank.

Interview

super easy and not intimidating, just be prepared with typical answers to interview questions, make sure to wear business professional attire because the environment is classy. The employees were helpful in finding the right room to interview as well

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job? Can you speak Spanish and/or Portuguese?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank in May 2014.

Interview

Saw the opportunity on their official website and applied online. Got contacted via email two months later. Interviewed for phone for 45 mins and got the internship two days later.

Interview Questions

• Only a basic run-through of the resume. No behavioral question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inter-American Development Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

On-line application process that will lead to a phone-interview that will finally decide if you are hired. Dates may vary and according to each department needs interns are hired.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with legal documents?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.