InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Feb 2018

2.7

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

phone interview, in person interview, employment offer. I was also asked about how would I manage hiring managers and other TA recruiters with various personality traits which may lead to doing more work than the FTEs manage or how to educate them on IHG process

Interview Questions

• How might I manage hiring managers who may be want to take over the interview process or add questions which wouldn't adhere to new government regulations. Or FTE Recruiters who only create offer letters vs sourcing/ finding talent, pre screening,weekly meeting with managers, scheduling candidates, assessing job skills and consulting with stakeholders, etc .   1 Answer

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC (US)).

Interview

After I applied online, I had a phone screening where they asked a few questions. Very soon did I hear back for an in person interview. The interview was not too intimidating. They started with a tour of the facility, then we sat down and asked questions. Then they gave you a sheet of information about a hotel, left you alone for about 10 min to review it, and called you on the phone where you had to act like a reservation agent and sell them the hotel room. Little nerve-racking if you have never sold over the phone before but they give you great feed back and they gave me the yes your hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem?   2 Answers

Starbucks Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

went thru a screening from HR which took about an hour. then met with Starbucks manager and talked for about 2 hrs. they both asked standard interview questions and took notes while I️ answered them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like about Starbucks.   1 Answer
    • what can you add to our store?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I think they already decided my outcome by the time I went in for an interview. They just asked me a few behavioral questions to determine my fit and asked me where I want to be placed as an intern and that was it.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a staffing agency (no surprise nowadays). After about a week I was contacted with a design challenge to redesign the site within a week. Already for one person this is a unicorn challenge but I see where they want to see design as a whole. Once announced a phone screening interview of only thirty minutes was given. This was in no way enough for me to present my solutions and ask questions. They wanted to know more of the design and not allow a chance to actual answer company questions that are important to a first interview. Afterwords they provided no feedback on any part of the presentation so you will have no bearing as to where you need to improve or focus.

Interview Questions

• What was your design process?   1 Answer

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Spoke to hiring manager for about an hour. We talked at length about my background, what was needed in the role. The job description was very vague so the call really helped me understand the details of the role. However during the call, the hiring manager decided I was too senior for the role. Process ended there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Single manager interview. Similar to other call center interviews, you must answer basic questions such as how you handle stressful situations. You must also do a mock call. Overall very straight forward process. Research typical IHG information such as what the company standards for and what they actually do and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at your previous job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very easy, everyone was nice, but tests are time consuming. Applied online, went in for interview within two days. Be forewarned there will be an hour and a half worth of tests on the computer when you go in for the interview, but they are painless. First interview with hr, then tests, then with manager. Entire process took three hours but that was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to multitask and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. (Very easy application) I was then sent an email to take an assessment which too about an hr. Once I passed it, it prompted me to schedule a phone interview through a link they sent to my email. I scheduled for the next morning. A representative from HR called exactly at 9:30 to conduct the interview. It was really quick, maybe about 8-10 mins. Very basic questions and a summary about the position...pay, what you'll be doing, etc. I was then invited to come in to a face to face interview which took about an hr. I had about 8-10 scenario questions. After that I did a mock call. My interviewer said I did excellent but they would call with their decision by the following week. About 2-3 hours after leaving the interview, I received the call offering me the position. Very easy and smooth process!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Call Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with recruiter at Job Fair: filled out application online and then had to wait for interview. After interview, was required to complete an assessment that lasted about an hour. Since I passed assessment, I was promted to second rounds of interviews: phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable "upselling" products   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.