InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2018

2.7

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied for Web Design Internship

Applied and got a call two days later to talk to the recruiter to schedule a call with the hiring manager. The day arrives and I never got the call. The hiring manager emailed me a couple days later explaining they were swamped and we rescheduled another call. Interview was more of a get to know one another conversation (i.e tell me about yourself, what's your favorite thing to do, why do you want to work for IHG). The conversation lasted about 10 minutes. I feel like those type of interviews meant that I got it and I did (woohoo)

Other notes to know that I got the internship: The hiring manager looked into my LinkedIn profile and the recruiter called me back after my interview saying that the hiring manager really liked me which made it more comforting to know that I got it.

Area Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It was Very bad experience I had a meeting with DOHR and Area Director of ENG in the first min they shock me saying sorry we post the wrong job title the job is IT Manager still I went through the interview it was a great interview the liked my experience but of course the budget was big different because of the titles. In General was very disappointed they could have told me about that in the email when they told about the appointment.

Interview Questions

• They ask about my experience, in the Hospitality IT and how I approach Guest Satisfaction   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

phone interview, in person interview, employment offer. I was also asked about how would I manage hiring managers and other TA recruiters with various personality traits which may lead to doing more work than the FTEs manage or how to educate them on IHG process

Interview Questions

• How might I manage hiring managers who may be want to take over the interview process or add questions which wouldn't adhere to new government regulations. Or FTE Recruiters who only create offer letters vs sourcing/ finding talent, pre screening,weekly meeting with managers, scheduling candidates, assessing job skills and consulting with stakeholders, etc .   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

several ppl interview u at he same time and if they dont like you u dont get the job. you will get a second interview just because they want to see if other managers like you. it took a very long time to get a respond and they are very unorganized

Interview Questions

• why do I want to change careers?   1 Answer

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC (US)).

Interview

After I applied online, I had a phone screening where they asked a few questions. Very soon did I hear back for an in person interview. The interview was not too intimidating. They started with a tour of the facility, then we sat down and asked questions. Then they gave you a sheet of information about a hotel, left you alone for about 10 min to review it, and called you on the phone where you had to act like a reservation agent and sell them the hotel room. Little nerve-racking if you have never sold over the phone before but they give you great feed back and they gave me the yes your hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem?   2 Answers

Starbucks Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

went thru a screening from HR which took about an hour. then met with Starbucks manager and talked for about 2 hrs. they both asked standard interview questions and took notes while I️ answered them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like about Starbucks.   1 Answer
    • what can you add to our store?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

I think they already decided my outcome by the time I went in for an interview. They just asked me a few behavioral questions to determine my fit and asked me where I want to be placed as an intern and that was it.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a staffing agency (no surprise nowadays). After about a week I was contacted with a design challenge to redesign the site within a week. Already for one person this is a unicorn challenge but I see where they want to see design as a whole. Once announced a phone screening interview of only thirty minutes was given. This was in no way enough for me to present my solutions and ask questions. They wanted to know more of the design and not allow a chance to actual answer company questions that are important to a first interview. Afterwords they provided no feedback on any part of the presentation so you will have no bearing as to where you need to improve or focus.

Interview Questions

• What was your design process?   1 Answer

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Spoke to hiring manager for about an hour. We talked at length about my background, what was needed in the role. The job description was very vague so the call really helped me understand the details of the role. However during the call, the hiring manager decided I was too senior for the role. Process ended there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Single manager interview. Similar to other call center interviews, you must answer basic questions such as how you handle stressful situations. You must also do a mock call. Overall very straight forward process. Research typical IHG information such as what the company standards for and what they actually do and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at your previous job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.