InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jun 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Single manager interview. Similar to other call center interviews, you must answer basic questions such as how you handle stressful situations. You must also do a mock call. Overall very straight forward process. Research typical IHG information such as what the company standards for and what they actually do and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at your previous job?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. (Very easy application) I was then sent an email to take an assessment which too about an hr. Once I passed it, it prompted me to schedule a phone interview through a link they sent to my email. I scheduled for the next morning. A representative from HR called exactly at 9:30 to conduct the interview. It was really quick, maybe about 8-10 mins. Very basic questions and a summary about the position...pay, what you'll be doing, etc. I was then invited to come in to a face to face interview which took about an hr. I had about 8-10 scenario questions. After that I did a mock call. My interviewer said I did excellent but they would call with their decision by the following week. About 2-3 hours after leaving the interview, I received the call offering me the position. Very easy and smooth process!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer? How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome of the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Very easy, everyone was nice, but tests are time consuming. Applied online, went in for interview within two days. Be forewarned there will be an hour and a half worth of tests on the computer when you go in for the interview, but they are painless. First interview with hr, then tests, then with manager. Entire process took three hours but that was my experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to multitask and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Call Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with recruiter at Job Fair: filled out application online and then had to wait for interview. After interview, was required to complete an assessment that lasted about an hour. Since I passed assessment, I was promted to second rounds of interviews: phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If I would be comfortable "upselling" products   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (North Charleston, SC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Full out the long application and got an email for the next step assessments in like an hour. After you complete the long assessment it will tell you if you pass or fail.. If passed you will be able to set up an phone interview, which was very easy and then they will invite you to an in person interview where they will do an tour of the call center, ask you a series of questions and if you pass all of that they will have you do a role play. If you do good on the role play they will tell you if your hire or not.

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Salt Lake City, UT (US)).

Interview

Upon arriving to interview, I was guided to a set of computers where I was given precise instructions for some assessments specifically designed for this type of job. After KILLING those, I did a one-on-one interview with an HR person asking general questions. Then, I interviewed with a team manager. After she realized I had more than enough experience, she skipped a bunch of questions (ie. She didn't just follow a script)

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service experience?   2 Answers

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

No interview. Fill out application. There was no background work history required , no drug screening, no health screening at all. Very un-professional. The hotel brought a group of people collectively to work at the hotel and provided high cost housing which was taken from their paychecks. Four employees per apartment. They spoke only Spanish in the hotel which created many problems in the Banquet job.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Anaheim, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer simply read from a handout of interview questions she had mainly situational and personality questions, and recorded all of my answers in her notebook, rarely made eye contact.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Initial screening with human resources recruiter was positive. Great interview questions which made it engaging. Was informed that I would be moving to the next steps in the interviews and would receive a communication by the end of the week. After a week, no response from human resources or hiring manager. Reached out several times (via email and phone) and still was told someone would reach out for an interview. Final response (6 weeks later), recruiter informed me "your application is with the hiring manager and we are only a recruiting company to help with the screening, we don't work for IHG". Shame to keep someone's hope up thinking they are moving to the next steps and then find out that you didn't interview with a company employee.

Technical Architect/Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

A 30 minute phone screen was scheduled. I had previously spent perhaps 30 minutes in conversation with a recruiter who knew the interviewer on a personal basis. 10 minutes were used skipping down my resume. 15 minutes were spent on describing how I would improve the performance of scrum teams. This was posed as an abstract question with no technical fill-in to support any conclusion. The interviewer let it be known at one point that developers were "spending his employers money." There was the implication that IHG was getting nothing for that.

I attempted to gently suggest that many IT issues begin with managers, hoping to elicit the management context in which developers were performing at what was described as 25% of expected output. My interviewer appeared to be Type A in panic mode.

In the last 5 minutes I obtained enough information through a question that indicated to me where performance issues for developers flowed from. A sad situation like so many other IT related stories in America. Just sad.

Interview Questions

• Scrum teams or pods were described as meeting 5 of 20 a point metric in completing expected work during two week sprints. I do not know if the performance shortfalls were discussed in daily standups. I do not know if there were reflections at the end of a sprint. This scenario was described then the question posed: how would you improve performance? After this being asked the third time, I finally replied "well three strikes and you are out I suppose." Frustrating. But then to key to the performance issues fell in place -- for me. Perhaps the question should have been: tell me how to solve this, then you can go on your way. :-)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.