InterSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

I applied online and received an inviting to participate in the pre-employment exams. A PI, Professional employment test, and technical employment test. The PI you just have to be honest with, the PET was basically trying to analyze terribly organized charts but it’s doable. However, the TET, per the hankerrank page is used to test “your general technical and programming skills.” Essentially they provide you the syntax/grammar of a fictitious program and you have to choose the correct answer. They claim it’s a logic test, but I’ve never taken a logic test like this. It seems more geared towards the software engineer aspect of their company and not really appropriate for clinical specialists. I did not pass the TET.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Windsor, South West England, England) in April 2014.

Interview

IQ test, personality test and several telephone and face to face interviews. The process dragged on and every time I jumped through one hoop, I was told someone else wanted to speak to me.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eton, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Eton, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Very long! Got interviewed by lots of senior management and the end to end process took close to 4 months! The 2 tests you need to take are very difficult but if you succeed, you know you'll be working with equally smart people.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

They had a figure in mind and would not budge!

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

They make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get hired. there are at least 2 tests and multiple intervies

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intersystems and have no personal life because you will be working 18 hours a day?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at InterSystems (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

2 hours of online testing -- personality, work style and technical. Technical exam was 20 questions in 30 minutes on a hypothetical programming language. One must carefully pace the time used. Questions weren't incredibly difficult if there was enough time. Work style tests tested logical and math skills. Personality test was reasonable.

Interview Questions

• Given this hypothetical programming language description, which multiple choice answer answers the particular question?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Professional Employment Test – PET
    45 mins - 20 questions

Data Interpretation
    Quantitative Problem Solving
    Reading Comprehension
    TET:
        Technical Test ( Example provided below)
    Data Interpretation
    Quantitative Problem Solving
    Reading Comprehension

TET:

Interview Questions

• TET:
      For example: What is the output of an expression in the fictional programming language?   Answer Question

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InterSystems (Worcester, MA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who stated they were looking for a help desk technician to work directly for the Vice President managing her technology. Recruiter stated I was a great fit.

I was then sent 3 different tests to take, two of which were timed (35 minutes and 45 minutes). One test was a personality test, another a comprehension test, and the final a technical test to test my technical knowledge.

The personality test and comprehension tests were easy. However, the technical test was actually designed for software engineers and not help desk technicians.

The test was 20 questions long and you had 45 minutes to answer them all. It was a giant programming test designed to test your ability as a software engineer.

As someone that is looking for an IT job and isn’t actually a software engineer, I would have assumed that the test given would have been centered around the IT field like troubleshooting and customer service. Instead I was given a software engineer test which isn’t what I was even attempting to interview for.

In the end, I didn’t score high enough in the technical test and was turned down the chance to interview for the position which I was actually qualified for.

When I spoke to the recruiter about this test and explained that this was something out of my comfort zone considering I am not a software engineer, the recruiter stated she asked them about this and they agreed that the test given to me was geared toward a software engineer and it a help desk position. However, because I didn’t score high enough they had to move on.

Not a single question in the technical test was related to a Help Desk Technician/IT job.

My feedback for the company would be to reevaluate how you administer these tests cause Information Technology is not the same as Software Engineer. A qualified candidate for the Help Desk position was turned away because he wasn’t educated as a software engineer.

Interview Questions

• Decipher 20 questions of code using a language you may not know.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin as my qualifications and expertise uniquely met an open position. He expressed that their recruiters agreed and were eager for me to proceed. Unfortunately, I was not offered an interview after not passing their PET test. After doing some research, the test has a 76% failure rate. That fact is noted in a slide show the company put together in 2011 on their hiring practices. They obviously feel their methods work for them but it seems odd that a test can negate a recruited candidate's entire relevant work experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received a reply to take online logic and predictive tests, which I did not pass. These tests have the kind of questions you might get on a GMAT, and I remember studying these types of questions 15 years ago to get my high score on the GMAT. Given that these problems are not typically used in the real world, one tends to forget them over time. I’m sure that if I answered these questions closer to when I took my GMAT, I’d do well. Is it really expected that job seekers go back and study their GMAT materials in the off chance that a potential employer will give them a logic test? These tests are a subtle form of age discrimination.

Interview Questions

• Read a set of paragraphs about tax payments and make a determination about an assertion.
      A) Definitely true
      B) Probably true
      C) Probably not true
      D) Definitely not true   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

They send you wired online test to test their wired language, i hardly had time to finish reading all the questions, also their language is strange which conflicts with your experience, good for very young people.

Interview Questions

• The online test has stuff for their own language, which conflicts with your normal programming language knowledge.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.