InterSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an acquaintance who works there and received an email from the recruiter the same day. We agreed to a date to have a conversation. The recruiter told me about the structure of their development teams and what products they have, what the corporate culture is like. He told me that I’d need to take 3 tests, which I could take online.
    The first was a personality test which is not timed. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to complete. The second was a PET test which measures cognitive aptitude. It was 20 questions in 45 minutes. The last was a TET test which consisted of 20 questions, each of which introduces a new concept of a (seemingly fictional) computer language and then asks questions about applying what you learn. You have 35 minutes. Time is a factor in getting this one done. I had one question left when I ran out of time, but I thought I did OK with the other questions. However, I received an email the day after that I had not scored high enough to proceed onto interviews, and that if the requirement score should decrease over a period of 2 years, I’d be contacted. This was upsetting because I’ve worked with InterSystems’ products for many years and have good qualifications, but was derailed by having a bad day on the test(s). It’s really unfortunate that they don’t take other things into consideration, especially when you have a lot of experience with their flagship product.

Interview Questions

• I did not have an opportunity to be asked any questions, because I did not score high enough on the test(s) to proceed to the interview level.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

2 round online assessment, you have to pass the first and then you would receive the second. Then a 15 min HR phone interview talk about your experience and introduction about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through university. 3 different oa. About logical and language. No coding problem. Kind of wondering why they chose these problems for a developer. Rejected after the third oa.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

They send you wired online test to test their wired language, i hardly had time to finish reading all the questions, also their language is strange which conflicts with your experience, good for very young people.

Interview Questions

• The online test has stuff for their own language, which conflicts with your normal programming language knowledge.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

After I completed the online application, I soon received an email asking me to take three tests: the first a personality test, the second a programming test, and the third a general logic test. After completing these I received an email letting me know that my scores qualified me for the next round and that we would schedule an interview in January. Will update depending on whether I get a final offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

3 Online Tests: First was a personality test where you have to choose words that you think describe you and also how friends would describe you. Second one was a technical test to see how fast you can learn a new logic system. If you pass the technical test then they give you a math/reading comprehension test to see how fast you can look at data and correctly interpret its meaning. Then a friendly HR phone interview mostly to give the interviewee information on the company.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about data tables that just wouldn't (read, shouldn't) be accepted at any company as a viable option to show information. It was hard to find where things were, and even though I did well given the short time I was expected to complete it in, it was very annoying.   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in October 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• First round was online assessment. If cleared that then would be invited for face to face interviews.
      Online Assessment consisted of 1 section which was based on new language learning. The first half of questions were not difficult but the later half was slightly difficult. This online assessment is quite similar to 1 section provided during Epic test.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was sent TET, PET, and a personality assessment. The TET and PET are language learning and a general IQ/logics test. Then was offered a phone interview after doing well on the assessments. Was not offered a position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a quick test of questions which you are not allowed to take ever again, even in subsequent years. Therefore, if you rush or do poorly on the test the first time you will never work at Intersystems. Kind of a poor system.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

They make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get hired. there are at least 2 tests and multiple intervies

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intersystems and have no personal life because you will be working 18 hours a day?   1 Answer

See What InterSystems Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Market Development in Eton, England

Pros: “Working for InterSystems is a very big commitment. It is a demanding company. When you take on the commitment and the responsibility InterSystems offers you an exceptionally high degree of...”“Working for InterSystems is a very big commitment. It is a demanding company. When you take on the commitment and the responsibility InterSystems offers you an exceptionally high degree of freedom to do your job in return. You are allowed to be very creative in your role, you feel fully supported by management to experiment, test markets and value proposition and you are allowed to deliver the results in your own unique way. The technology offer is currently unique in the market. The results achieved mainly in Healthcare have a dramatic effect on healthcare services, medical research, and many other related fields. InterSystems is a true customer-centric organisation. To my knowledge, InterSystems is the only company were the customer decides when an issues is dealt with to a satisfactory level. We are allowed to spend time with customer to get to know them, forge long-lasting relationships and help them with their challenges. We are allowed to walk away from business if there is no perfect fit. InterSystems can select its customers and choose the companies to work with because the company is stable, cash rich and performing well financially. InterSystems is the only corporation that has delivered a very high personal job satisfaction and its strategies feel in line with my personal beliefs and values” – Full Review

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.