InterSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2019.

Interview

The process was mostly the online screening assessments, which required you to answer questions about some made up language. It was pretty easy but I did not get back an answer to the online assessment.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

They send you wired online test to test their wired language, i hardly had time to finish reading all the questions, also their language is strange which conflicts with your experience, good for very young people.

Interview Questions

• The online test has stuff for their own language, which conflicts with your normal programming language knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

2 OA and then phone interviews, OA is some logic questions to test your ability to learn a new language. phone interviews are all about walking through your resume and experience by different departments of this company. Then there would be a skype interview for some tech questions.

Interview Questions

• experience and projects on resume   1 Answer

Recent Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Started out with an online tests, multiple choice logic type stuff. Given the operational semantics of a made up language what would a legal operation look like. After that was a phone interview with a very nice person from HR. Then went in for a full day of interviews. There were about 40 of us there and we each had 6 interviews with different people throughout the day. Two asked fairly basic technical questions but most asked questions about my experience and past projects. After that I was asked to come back in for one more interview but from what I understand that is unusual. They also said that it's possible that the CEO might ask for a meeting with you before offering you a job but that wasn't my experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

applied through university. 3 different oa. About logical and language. No coding problem. Kind of wondering why they chose these problems for a developer. Rejected after the third oa.

Entry Level Software Career Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Applied online, had to take online assessments (a personality and "coding challenge"). They make you select from a set of words how you think you should be perceived as a person (really?) and a coding challenge which is really poorly made. Easy questions but so simple that they lacked description, and could result in different answers dependent on how you view the question in different languages: start at 0 or 1, what takes precedent in operational calls...these are language dependent.

Interview Questions

• Which words describe how you think people should view you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

Online programming challenge where you had to learn a new language, then a behavioral test. The recruiter said they would schedule an onsite in a couple weeks but they kept telling me to wait a couple more weeks more and never actually scheduled it. I accepted an offer from another company by then.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Extremely un-productive candidate screening. Today’s professional world is not about some “cognitive test” judging the candidate. It’s about Honesty, kindness, compassion, fairness, ability to adapt, ability to deliver and most importantly “Integrity”

I wrote below email to recruiter after i received a rejection due to failing their cognitive test and hope HR leadership takes notice of this feedback.

There are many companies I know who conduct such tests. As a partnership with such test selling companies gathering candidate contacts. Hope they are not doing that.

——-
    As a candidate feedback if i could procced to write further, I do want to mention that in today’s world measuring a prospective candidate on cognitive examination and not on his/her’s (1) Professional skils (2) Aptitude to learn and adapt (3) Interpersonal collaboration skills (4) Value that candidate brings to the organization (5) Validation as a culture fit via Opportunity to verbally speak as a 1st screening is appaling to me.

I have been a part of healthcare , a noble industry for more than 12 years and have made offers to more than 5000 candidates across the globe with 100% accceptance rate.

I am disappointed to lose on an opportunity to be a part of Your organization which indeed has a recognition and respect. However, I hope the policy of screening may deserve a thought against 5 pointers I mentioned.

Thank you once again for time and consideration to my job application.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Three online assessments: first one is a short personality quiz, second one is a technical assessment on a completely fictional programming language, third one is a reasoning ability test. Passed the second one but failed the third one. The reasoning test seems ambiguous and some of the questions do not have exact answers.

Interview Questions

• What is the output of an expression in the fictional programming language?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

They make you do three online tests, and if you pass you get an onsite interview with 7 different people for a full day. The on site was not too difficult, be prepared to talk about your background and what makes you want to work at this company.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about how you would test various C programs   Answer Question