InterSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

Private Equity Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

I applied through campus job site and was emailed few days later for phone interview. Then, I met the interviewer at the office and then was treated to lunch with 2 other interns. Then, the interviewer has not replied to my followup email.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

After I completed the online application, I soon received an email asking me to take three tests: the first a personality test, the second a programming test, and the third a general logic test. After completing these I received an email letting me know that my scores qualified me for the next round and that we would schedule an interview in January. Will update depending on whether I get a final offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2018.

Interview

Was given a series of online tests and phone interviews. Asked me to figure out what code from a language they made outputs. Overall, pretty easy, but high variance (any mistake is costly).

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A few weeks later I got an email saying they'd like to move forward. There were three online assessments. The first was pretty much behavioral. The second was technical. It was more about learning the rules and applying them than coming in with any particular knowledge. There are 20 questions. I finished with roughly 15 minutes to spare, but I went back and double checked things after. Then the last was a logic test which honestly was the most difficult of the three. Within a week of completing the last test, I got an email saying I had passed and that they would contact me about a phone interview. Will update when that happens.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter that they reviewed my resume and would like to move forward. The next steps were to take three online assessments, one technical, one reading comprehension (kind of like SAT-style), and one to evaluate my personality. The technical one and the personality one weren't very difficult. The technical test just taught you a new programming language and each question built off the last and it got more difficult as it moved along. It wasn't too hard, though. The reading comprehension one was a bit odd, and I'm not quite sure why they give it out. I passed all three, nonetheless, and the recruiter told me that the hiring managers would review my resume and they would get back to me about an interview. Several months later, the recruiter emailed me and said after reviewing my resume, they didn't want to move forward, even though I had passed their assessments. I think it was likely because I was a freshman and they were looking for older interns.

Interview Questions

• Given a certain scenario and conclusion, is the conclusion definitely true, probably true, indeterminate, probably false, or definitely false?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through an acquaintance who works there and received an email from the recruiter the same day. We agreed to a date to have a conversation. The recruiter told me about the structure of their development teams and what products they have, what the corporate culture is like. He told me that I’d need to take 3 tests, which I could take online.
    The first was a personality test which is not timed. It took me about 15 or 20 minutes to complete. The second was a PET test which measures cognitive aptitude. It was 20 questions in 45 minutes. The last was a TET test which consisted of 20 questions, each of which introduces a new concept of a (seemingly fictional) computer language and then asks questions about applying what you learn. You have 35 minutes. Time is a factor in getting this one done. I had one question left when I ran out of time, but I thought I did OK with the other questions. However, I received an email the day after that I had not scored high enough to proceed onto interviews, and that if the requirement score should decrease over a period of 2 years, I’d be contacted. This was upsetting because I’ve worked with InterSystems’ products for many years and have good qualifications, but was derailed by having a bad day on the test(s). It’s really unfortunate that they don’t take other things into consideration, especially when you have a lot of experience with their flagship product.

Interview Questions

• I did not have an opportunity to be asked any questions, because I did not score high enough on the test(s) to proceed to the interview level.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was given three online tests, which were like a GRE exam. Then I had a 15 min phone interview, which went through my resume. I passed all tests but was not selected to next interview with no reason.

Interview Questions

• Given an unfamiliar programing language and instruction, ask you about the syntax and basic logic   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

2 round online assessment, you have to pass the first and then you would receive the second. Then a 15 min HR phone interview talk about your experience and introduction about the company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, two technical and one personality test. The programming language test was self-contained, start-from-scratch questions that were tricky but interesting and pretty clever. The logic/analytic skills test was a little ambiguous and much less enjoyable, but a fine experience. Then a phone interview with standard questions, and if I hear back and make it to the next round, there will be more interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What past experience you have?
      What programming languages you work in?
      Interests/Background   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was given a personality test and a multiple-choice hackerrank test that tested your ability to learn a new language. If I pass both, will be given a third test to complete. Tests weren't too hard.