InterSystems Product Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Product Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

3.3

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on company website and got an e-mail requesting availability to complete the PI and PET, but based on my research and experience, here's my opinion for all 3 screening tests-

Personality Test (PI)
No time limit, takes less than 10 minutes
Determines a person's core attributes, the test is completed by you picking words that describe how you believe you SHOULD be perceived at work and how you ARE perceived.

Professional Employment Test (PET)
45 minutes, 20 multiple choice Qs, need 17 to pass
VERY similar to verbal reasoning/quantitative sections on a standardized test like the GRE. The time might seem like a lot, but some questions can have you scratching your head for a while so pace accordingly.

Technical Employment Test (TET)
35 minutes, 20 multiple choice Qs, need 17 to pass
Again, I did not take this test but from everything I have read on Glassdoor- here's what I believe this test is like-
Logic- based test that tests you on boolean operations, numeric strings, variable names, arrays, concatenation etc except that it is in a language that you might not be used to. People are calling it a made-up language but it is MUMPS (also known as M). The best way I think to prepare for this is to do a tutorial on MUMPS a day before the test, since you need the concepts fresh in your mind so that it seems familiar when you take the TET.

I did not pass the required screening, so I am obviously disappointed. That being said, I do like companies that recognize the basic standards of intellect they want in their organization and "weed out" others. Most people probably disagree with this and feel like standardized testing might not be the best way to approach the recruitment process, but I believe its called "standardized" for a reason, so accept it and try to prepare for it instead of complaining about it- not like the company is going to change the recruitment process that seems to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Did not get a chance to do any phone/person interviews, but I believe they would ask general HR questions once you pass screening   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very long and tedious, perhaps because the company was undergoing a reshuffling of responsibilities and roles. Very nice environment, good benefits, very long and tiring process.

Interview Questions

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

You are required to take standardized tests and a personality assessment. There is no "back door". Knowing someone at the company will not help your hiring chances. 2+ Month hiring cycle.

Negotiation

I named a salary and they met it.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin as my qualifications and expertise uniquely met an open position. He expressed that their recruiters agreed and were eager for me to proceed. Unfortunately, I was not offered an interview after not passing their PET test. After doing some research, the test has a 76% failure rate. That fact is noted in a slide show the company put together in 2011 on their hiring practices. They obviously feel their methods work for them but it seems odd that a test can negate a recruited candidate's entire relevant work experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.