InterSystems Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds of online test. And then there is a telephone interview. At last is their onsite interview. Online part have three tests: coding test, personality test and logistic test. Telephone interview depends on what position you applying. What I got is reading code and explain them to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First is a series of online questionnaires and tests (3 total). There is 1 behavioral questionnaire (personality test), 1 timed Professional Employment Test (similar to SAT questions), 1 timed Technical Employment Test. If you pass all three tests, then you move on to the second round which is a 10-15 minute phone screen. Lastly, they bring you on site for 2 1-hour interviews with the directing managers for two different teams.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at InterSystems (Worcester, MA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

It seems that every candidates will get their OA tests. I got two. One is behavioral questions. The other is about learning a certain and wried programming language. The time is limited and just enough. I think the difficulty is ok, but I got the results that I failed. The areas about the TE test includes variable types, logic, operators. I guess that they want to know if you can learn a new language very fast. But I don't think it is a good evaluation. And I wasn't told the results of tests, although I think the questions are not difficult.

Interview Questions

• pick words that other people expect you. pick words that you evaluate yourself.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Two tests were administered, one in person another on the web. A series of in-person interviews with management followed. Interviews were engaging and not overly technical. I have received a verbal offer and accepted it after minimal negotiation. Later the offer was withdrawn without explanation.

Interview Questions

• Q: describe project you are proud of
      Q: describe a technical challenge and how you overcome
      Q: what makes you tick as a developer
      Q: How do you grade yourself vs other developers   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in January 2016.

Interview

I passed all three online assessments like the other people described. They scheduled a call with a recruiter and a few days later they told me they would not move forward because they got the feedback from hiring manager - not sure if it was just an excuse. If the hiring manager makes the decision then what was the point of passing all the tests...

Interview Questions

• General HR questions, so I don't understand why I failed   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at InterSystems in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, I think it took about 2 week, the recruiter send me the link about three kind of tests,First one is like some programming tests, it's easy and I think my score is good enough. The second one is like the personal's characteristic survey, just click as you want. And I think I failed on the third one, I think it's ambiguous for me. I didn't get the chance to the next around. Hoping this information will help you to get to the next around.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at InterSystems (Cambridge, MA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

InterSystems is very interesting. They ask you to come onsite to do a few tests before considering you. I went there to do two tests. The first test is a programming test. No previous knowledge is assumed. The test specifies a programming language and then you interpret the given programs and select the results from a few given choices. This part is very interesting because you have to be careful about certain issues, such as types, type coercion, and operator precedence. Overall it is straightforward is you can think like a computer. And I can see a few cases are under-specified: if we run the question through a computer we will get undefined behavior.

The second test is very much like GRE logic/reading test. The bad thing, however, is that there are answers like "likely" and "very likely" which is very very confusing to distinguish.

I passed the two tests but they never followed up with me. No reason was given, I guess they do not have specific interests in my experience.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at InterSystems.

Interview

First a personality test and then a technique test. The testing language is like mumps and mainly some logical questions. Then took a phone interview with hr. Then I get no response, maybe that's because of my poor English

Interview Questions

• Mainly some questions about your resume and problems in test   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2014.

Interview

A basic HR phone interview, following a online test which is full of stuff like math question and learning a new language stuff. Then I was told that a recruiter is going to have a phone interview with me. We talked about my previous experience and I think every thing goes well. After the interview, I was told they would move on with me with no reason.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in March 2014.

Interview

First was an online test, three parts in total: personality test, technical test and SAT type test. In the technical test, you need to learn a strange programming language and apply it to solving problems (should pay attention to pitfalls).
    After that was a HR screen, however, after phone screen, got no more email from them ...perhaps because I did not prepare well for my resume.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.