InterSystems Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InterSystems Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at InterSystems

3.8

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darwin (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Darwin (Australia)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role on a job ad site(Seek). It was the recruitment agency who put the ad. The next day, they replied me with a selection criteria form, related to the role. I filled that out.

Then 2 days later I had a meeting with the agency. They told me that I was going to take 3 tests prior to any interviews at the company. I started a comprehensive research and came across with Glassdoor reviews. I couldn't prepare for Predictive Index personality test which was basically 2 questions as the other reviewers pointed out: Determines a person's core attributes, the test is completed by you picking words that describe how you believe you should be perceived at work and how you are perceived. Pretty straightforward. I took this test online.

Next, they scheduled an appointment for me and the other candidates on site to take a technical employment test (TET), which includes 20 questions on MUMPS programming language, is given 35 minutes to complete and is required to get 17 or more correct answers; a professional employment test (PET) which includes 20 questions on cognitive ability, business logic, data interpretation, reasoning and problem solving, is given 45 minutes and is required to get 17 or more correct answers.

I found the PET very challenging because I haven't taken any tests similar to that one before. For TET, I suggest you to watch MUMPS tutorial videos (by Kevin O'Kane), download a trial version of their MUMPS-like programming language Caché from their website and practise beforehand. I couldn't find any sources to prepare for PET but most of the reviewers shared that it resembles SAT questions in the USA. The time given for TET was more than enough but for PET, I struggled till the end to get an answer for a couple of questions.

After passing both tests, I was interviewed by a non-technical recruiter from the company's Sydney branch in Darwin on the same day, it was not too hard to reply the questions. Later on, I learned from the agency that there were 9 candidates total and only I have passed the tests which shows the tests were pretty difficult.

Next, they scheduled another technical interview by the technical lead located in Melbourne, he wanted to conduct it in person and therefore I had to wait one more week for him to arrive in Darwin. Meanwhile, we held another meeting with the recruitment agency to get more information on the next interview.

I had that interview with the technical lead in Darwin and his supervisor from Melbourne on site. I was well prepared for it and went well without a glitch. Two days later I had one more meeting with the program director on site. It was also a good interview which I found very casual and friendly.

Next day, I had an interview over the phone with managing director of Asia Pacific region. It went very well, he talked about the projects they run and company culture, asked me a couple of questions.

The next 3 weeks passed with them looking into my referees, e-mailing and talking to them on the phone. The recruiter from Sydney was very helpful and friendly along the way. I finally got an offer and very pleased to join this company.

Interview Questions

• Numeric constants are integers. I repeat, integers. They range in magnitude from 0 to 999999999999999 and may be signed or unsigned.
    Examples of numeric constants are:
    0 -13 1300 1 14567
    Some invalid numeric constants are:
    1.2 (not integer)
    $1 (not numeric)
    1000000000000000 (too large)
    Which of the following is not a legal numeric constant?
    A) 10.2 B) 89 C) 00000007 D) -0   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InterSystems

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and I was told I've passed both tests - PET and TET. Then I had a one on one interview with a recruiter who said everything looks great and she'll send me a PI test to complete. A week later they sent me the test, I completed it, received a very good feedback and I was told the next stage is a series of Skype interviews.

In the meantime I was told the Australian recruiter who interviewed me does not work for the company anymore so my next point of contact will be a recruiter based in the UAE. Next thing I heard from Intersystems was a template rejection email from this guy saying I haven't passed their screening tests so my application is unsuccessful ?!?!

I wonder how come one person tells me I've passed and everything looks great and another one rejects my application straight away. I'm female btw, that might be a reason for an automatic rejection in the UAE but I live in Australia and I thought I'm applying at an American company.

Interview Questions

• My work history, how I see myself in the company, am I going to be ok to regularly travel to client sites   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eton, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at InterSystems (Eton, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Very long! Got interviewed by lots of senior management and the end to end process took close to 4 months! The 2 tests you need to take are very difficult but if you succeed, you know you'll be working with equally smart people.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

They had a figure in mind and would not budge!

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems in December 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked first for 2 online tests , one for personality and the other is a technical test , after I passed both I waited a long time until he said the I did very well and the VP asked for another online test (Professional Employment Test ) ! I asked what is the next step if I pass and he said after you pass you will do interview at the company headquarter , I passed the test then he said the VP want to make first a phone interview , when the VP called he said they already filled the vacancy !!

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InterSystems (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

A recruiter called me about this position. Had to do 3 tests Pi SAT TET. Pi was an online test 10min. SAT was done in the office 20 questions 45min. TET was done in the office 20 questions and 35min. I have only done this stage and waiting for the recruiter to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• TET test: strings, integers, and, or, not, unary,   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.