Intouch Games UI-UX Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Intouch Games

1 Interview Review

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intouch Games (Croydon, England) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview took 3 weeks. The first step is a long phone call where they show how cool they are. The second step is a skype interview with the Lead UX Designer, he didn't seem so interested in your projects . The third step is a design task , the goal is to have their game lobby redesigned. The redesign should include user
experience improvements based on the current features and architecture that can
be found in the mFortune games. Basically they asked to create user journey, user persona,user flow and sketches, they don't give you a deadline ( which I found it very strange) I think the screening process is not real and they just looking for new sketches and ideas for free. Be aware!

Interview Questions

• What is your background and design process   1 Answer

Intouch Games Response

4 Dec 2017 – Recruitment Resourcing Executive

Hi, thanks for the feedback regarding your interview process with us. I’m sorry to hear you had a negative experience, so I’d like to take the opportunity to clarify a few of your points:

The first phone call generally lasts from 15-25 minutes, which is to ensure that we’ve fully understood your skills/experiences and what you’re looking for in a new position. We also use this an opportunity to give you more information about who we are as a company, so you can make an informed decision about whether we are right for you.

The second stage of the process is a Skype interview, however this was actually with our Head of Recruitment (as are all Skype interviews regardless of the position), not our Lead Designer. This may be why you feel he focused more on your CV and previous work experience rather than specific UX-UI projects.

The design task is the next stage after a successful interview, and we intentionally don’t provide a deadline for this as we would much rather candidates have the opportunity to spend as long as they need to complete it (particularly for a creative task of this nature), rather than rushing to meet a deadline, and potentially not producing their best work.

This task is fundamental for us to see your design capabilities before advancing to the final stage (a face-to-face interview), which is why we ask you to re-design a game lobby as this is to see what you hypothetically ‘would’ do with an example project. I can assure you that the entire screening process is real, and we never use or take ideas from any tasks we receive back.

We do of course appreciate any feedback, and I hope the above helps to shed some light on the process from our point of view!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.