InvestCloud Front End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

InvestCloud Front End Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at InvestCloud

2.7

Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at InvestCloud.

Interview

After submitting an application and my resume, a recruiter reached out to me within a week to set up a preliminary phone call.

This first call was with the recruiter and was an average 'Get to know you' interview in which we briefly discussed my experience as well as some details of the position I applied for.

Within days, I was informed I passed to the next round of interviews. This second interview was a technical interview. There were some technical questions and riddles meant to show my problem solving skills and how I communicate my process.

The last interview was held in the office, in which I was interviewed by a senior developer and a senior project manager. After going through their interview questions, I was able to ask each questions about the role and the company. The unique perspective from both interviewers gave me a more rounded understanding of the role, the company culture and the colleagues I would potentially be working with.

Throughout the process I felt that the company was very professional and ready for more growth, while still maintaining a warm and inviting culture. The recruiters and interviewers gave me clarity on what to expect from the role and how my role would fit into the grand picture of the company. Hence, upon receiving an offer letter, it was very easy for me to accept, and I am very glad I did.

Interview Questions

• In what kind of working environment do you find yourself most motivated?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for InvestCloud

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Very fast recruitment and straight forward process, great communication. It took a little bit over a week for the whole process, which consisted of an aptitude test, a screening video call, a technical interview (video call), and a final interview (video call).

Interview Questions

• Screening call:
      Besides the standard Qs about the company, the products, and the role, a lot of the questions revolved around the aptitude test results, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses.

Examples:
      - What do you know about InvestCloud?
      - Can you explain what do you think the role will be?
      - How do you cope in an intense environment?
      - If you join InvestCloud, where do you see yourself in a few years' time?
      - How do you feel about working remotely?

Technical interview:
      - If you were to recreate a screen, how would you approach it?
      - How much do you know about asset classes?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn.

After about two weeks, I received a message from a project manager regarding my application. I was invited to do some cognitive aptitude tests, which I completed immediately.

The next day, I received a follow-up message in which I was asked for my availability for a phone interview. This is when things started getting a bit disorganized in the process. I let them know on the same day they reached out but had to follow-up to get a response. I was invited for a phone call the next day - luckily I was available.

The phone interview was pretty easy. The first half consisted of professional experience, personal attributes...they asked me about my previous roles and responsibilities in order to understand my knowledge and how I work. The second half consisted of some pretty basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript questions. I think there was one JavaScript question but it was heavily focused on HTML and CSS, which gives you an idea of the lack of coding involved in the position.

I heard back a few days after the phone interview with a final round invitation, which consisted of coming into their office and giving a presentation about my favorite project. This was followed-up by a general discussion around my background and experience - definitely more of a culture interview. Again, there was very little emphasis on coding and technical experience.

A few days later, they came back and said they want to move forward with my application. This does not translate to an immediate offer, as they do not have an internal HR department. They utilise a committee, which makes the process highly inefficient, since the committee only meets once per week. During the next 1.5 months, I was in discussions with my point of contact (I required relocation etc so we were trying to find the best possible outcome).

I would hear back every couple of weeks and had to keep chasing them down. It was incredibly frustrating because I had put in all the time and effort and was quite keen on joining the company. The final email I received basically told me that my point of contact 'lost their leverage' due to the amount of time it had taken to discuss the best possible solution. Yet, it only took that long due to the company's inefficiency and lack of organisation.

Overall, everyone was really nice and the interviews themselves were enjoyable and easy. For me, it became negative due to the lack of efficiency and organisation - which is a huge red flag if you're about to join a company. I do acknowledge I had a set of circumstances that didn't make it straightforward, but there should be a set of procedures in place - particularly there should really be an HR department dedicated to dealing with the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a class and id in and why would you use one over the other?   2 Answers
    • Can you talk us through a project or feature you built and the process you utilised to complete the particular task?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.