InvestCloud Front End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at InvestCloud

2.5

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Very fast recruitment and straight forward process, great communication. It took a little bit over a week for the whole process, which consisted of an aptitude test, a screening video call, a technical interview (video call), and a final interview (video call).

Interview Questions

• Screening call:
    Besides the standard Qs about the company, the products, and the role, a lot of the questions revolved around the aptitude test results, which identifies your strengths and weaknesses.

Examples:
    - What do you know about InvestCloud?
    - Can you explain what do you think the role will be?
    - How do you cope in an intense environment?
    - If you join InvestCloud, where do you see yourself in a few years' time?
    - How do you feel about working remotely?

Technical interview:
    - If you were to recreate a screen, how would you approach it?
    - How much do you know about asset classes?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for InvestCloud

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at InvestCloud (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn.

After about two weeks, I received a message from a project manager regarding my application. I was invited to do some cognitive aptitude tests, which I completed immediately.

The next day, I received a follow-up message in which I was asked for my availability for a phone interview. This is when things started getting a bit disorganized in the process. I let them know on the same day they reached out but had to follow-up to get a response. I was invited for a phone call the next day - luckily I was available.

The phone interview was pretty easy. The first half consisted of professional experience, personal attributes...they asked me about my previous roles and responsibilities in order to understand my knowledge and how I work. The second half consisted of some pretty basic HTML, CSS, and JavaScript questions. I think there was one JavaScript question but it was heavily focused on HTML and CSS, which gives you an idea of the lack of coding involved in the position.

I heard back a few days after the phone interview with a final round invitation, which consisted of coming into their office and giving a presentation about my favorite project. This was followed-up by a general discussion around my background and experience - definitely more of a culture interview. Again, there was very little emphasis on coding and technical experience.

A few days later, they came back and said they want to move forward with my application. This does not translate to an immediate offer, as they do not have an internal HR department. They utilise a committee, which makes the process highly inefficient, since the committee only meets once per week. During the next 1.5 months, I was in discussions with my point of contact (I required relocation etc so we were trying to find the best possible outcome).

I would hear back every couple of weeks and had to keep chasing them down. It was incredibly frustrating because I had put in all the time and effort and was quite keen on joining the company. The final email I received basically told me that my point of contact 'lost their leverage' due to the amount of time it had taken to discuss the best possible solution. Yet, it only took that long due to the company's inefficiency and lack of organisation.

Overall, everyone was really nice and the interviews themselves were enjoyable and easy. For me, it became negative due to the lack of efficiency and organisation - which is a huge red flag if you're about to join a company. I do acknowledge I had a set of circumstances that didn't make it straightforward, but there should be a set of procedures in place - particularly there should really be an HR department dedicated to dealing with the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a class and id in and why would you use one over the other?   2 Answers
    • Can you talk us through a project or feature you built and the process you utilised to complete the particular task?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.