Islington Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Islington Council

2.8

Graduate Accountant Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Islington Council (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

A long process made up of a scripted interview, an assessment centre, and finally a panel interview. They focused on looking at ethics and why I would want to join their borough in particular. It was less about the skills I had, as this was determined earlier in the process, and more about the personality and behaviours on show.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of when you had to work effectively in a team?   Answer Question
    • Can you highlight an example where you had to make decisions in a role?   Answer Question

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Islington Council (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

A difficult, two-stage process at the council. One involves a test of statistical knowledge and public health experience and interpretation. Very friendly throughout. A quick turnaround and response within a few days.

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I interviewed at Islington Council in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through the NGDP graduate scheme which consisted of written applications, video interviews, an assessment centre and then interviews at the specific council. At Islington, we had a walking tour with a current graduate, a panel interview and coffee with a senior manager. While all elements except the panel interview were meant to be informal, we were still being assessed in each element which made the atmosphere less relaxed. The panel interview questions were generally fair, although a few slightly threw me off.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you forsee working here in terms of the political environment?   Answer Question

Saturday Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Islington Council (Islington, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted cv then I was invited for a skills review where they inform you about it before the date, if you did not receive it through the post then they give you an explanation but it's not hard. I then received an interview. Basic interview questions - none to throw you off.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Islington Council (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of a presentation which I had 30 minutes to prepare for, after being given the topic. There was also 8 questions asked by the panel of 3 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how you managed conflicting priorities to meet tight deadlines   Answer Question

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Islington Council (London, England) in September 2008.

Interview

Full application form was required - they do not accept CVs! Have to give concrete examples of how you have met/could meet the person specification criteria. I was invited to a two-panel member interview. Interview was formal but friendly. Nearly all questions were directly related to the person specification, so required either giving fresh examples or expanding on those on my application form or talking about skills required in a given scenario.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe projects you have led on and had to present to senior management, both written reports and orally?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation as the salary scales are fixed. But other benefits are quite generous.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.