J.P. Morgan Project Manager/Business Analyst Associate IB Ops Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2010

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 9,984.0 interviews

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

Neutral100%
Recruiter100%
HardAverageEasy

J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (City of London, England, England) in Oct 2010

Interview

The all interviews where arranged through a recruiter. The interview process consisted of 3 interviews spaced over 2 weeks. The first interview was a panel interview with a VP and another staff member (Subject Matter Expert) quite detailed interview asking detailed BA questions. This was more a investigation of handle on knowledge and some brief invesitgation on why would you want to work at J P Morgan. As I have both a functional and technical background questions centered around investigating if I really was ok with a functional role. Over all this went well and the next interview was arranged the next day. Second interview was a 1:1 interviw with a exective director at the same office. This interview focused mainly on why I wanted to work at J P Morgan and again the functional aspect of the role, asked questions around access and controls. Again this was postive and next interview was arrange a couple of days later. Third interview was a phone interview with a Executive Director in New York. The interviewer was a little disorganised as they did not have access to my CV and explained that their computer was not working. This was primarly a interview to see how well you sold yourself. I did not walk away to postive from this interview. I would suggest that any interviews put together a elevator pitch for your last interview to demonstrate you unique selling point and this is what is expected when interviewing in the US, which is what I did not do well on. However, I was informed that I was the best person they interviewed for the role. But in the end it took another three weeks before J P Morgan came back to the recruiter to state that they in the end decided to go with an internal candidate. My suggestion is to make sure that you ask if you are competing against internal candidates for the role and also to make sure you ask when they expect to make a decision either way on the role. Do not leave the 2nd interview with out the internal candidates answer or 3rd interview with out the decisions deadline.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me why do you want to work for J P Morgan?
    2 Answers