J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.4

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

On campus business school recruiting for core schools is rigorous with many informationals before final round interviews on campus. You are expected to meet with many of the alumni working at the firm, and almost get to know them prior to the final interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Recruiting process from MBA program: lots of networking over several months, technical questions, fit questions, follow school study guides and you will be fine, the cultural fit component cannot be underestimated as JP Morgan and Goldman will basically have first pick at candidates

Interview Questions

• Asked about high level strategic advice that I would give to Tim Cook from Apple   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call, 1-on-1, superday. Start off with a phone call and you meet the director afterwards. Move onto a superday with all groups if you make it. Pretty straight forward questions, very fit based. Know your techincals cold though, definitely.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

On campus recruiting from top-tier business school (MBA program). Very structured process that began with on-campus and off-campus events. Followed by intimate one-on-one coffee chats. Then closed-list events and then ultimately to pre-select interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Positive experience . Very focused process standard interview process: 1 phone screening with the hiring manager with veto on the hiring process. Most important I would say, 2 technical onsite interviews with guys from different teams. Mostly technical questions and resume questions. If you have a financial background or experience, one of the interviewers will ask about it. Algorithms, OOP, Design patterns, system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the system you was working on.   Answer Question
    • Give example of 2-3 design pattern you used in your code.   Answer Question
    • Write a Fibonacci function with recursion.   Answer Question
    • You have an array with n number find 2 numbers from this array with given sum.
      Can you do it in O(nlogn), O(n) time ?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Process involves a lot of networking, both with your school's alumni base and with people in the group you're interested in. It is almost impossible to get into the bank if you don't come from a target school or don't find alumni who will push you through.

Interview Questions

• Variety of technical questions - Walk me through a DCF, Qualities of a good LBO, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Coming through the MBA recruiting process there is very little negotiation. You come in with a class of 60-80 other MBAs all at the same salary/signing bonus/start date

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview

First round has both technical and situational types of questions. Second round was basically random talk with interviewers, and exchange views about current economy and investment etc. Most of our interviews are based on competency, so be prepared to think on your feet. Also, be prepared to answer questions about previous jobs and your experience solving problems and leading teams. Take the time to think before you answer.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

They have preferred placement vendors; who will test you over and above, what is required for the role. (eg) They pay for couple online exams for DBA, etc.,
    Then the manager and few team members invited for telephone interview, in which they went over my resume and asked technical questions based on the skills: RDBMS, Unix, Windows, Shell scripting, Business Objects, etc.,
    Then the vendor arranged for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• ** In person interview gave me the surprise, that the job was for application support and not really DBA. :) Same manager and team members, explained the job role.
      Two more managers from different teams, interviewed me individually, pretty much intended to check the attitude, to fit the company culture.
      Overall my interview was not tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just asked for some additional moving expense. No issue. They offered.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewed as an MBA student. Process was high touch and I probably had 10+ informal interviews before the formal process started. Formal process involved a first round interview with 2 senior bankers and then second round was 2 interviews with MDs.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Interview

Very Professional interview and I liked they way the interviewer asked questions closely and candidly. He really took an interest in what I had to say and listened very patiently to answer to all of the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.