J.P. Morgan Java Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

J.P. Morgan Java Applications Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

3.1

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Tampa, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with getting contacted by recruiter from India. It was very difficult to understand her. Then, another recruiter called and asked more or less the same questions. Yet a third recruiter set up the actual telephone screen with the hiring manager. The conversation with the hiring manager went well and we agree to a face-to-face for the following week. Unfortunately his usual work location is in New Jersey when the work location was in Tampa, Florida. He would be in town for a few days.

No one contacted me for the face to face for 3 days so I began making phone calls. I called all 3 recruiters and finally the hiring manager himself. I left messages for everyone, some more than once. I still heard nothing back. Then 8 days after the phone screen with the manager, one of the recruiters sent me an email calendar invite for the face to face the day before the meeting was to happen. I currently am working so I need to have some time to give my employer to take time off. Luckily, I had no meetings schedule during that time so it wasn't an issue.

I googled the address they gave me and it did not match up with with the description. I immediately called the recruiter...no answer. I then got another email calendar invite to a location about 3 times as far away. I called the recruiter again. She finally answered. I wanted to know where the work location would be. She did not know since she was in their Chicago office. "That would be a good question for the hiring manager" was what I was told. I wanted to avoid wasting my time and theirs if I was going to have 1+ hour commute each way instead of 20 minutes, I simply wasn't going to be interested.

I finally met with the manager and two other employees (one over the phone the other in person). Sure enough, they decided to move all of the employees from the original location to this new one. I played along and continued to put my best foot forward even though I more than likely would not accept the position. The manager was extremely disorganized and rather rude. He kept checking his cell phone during our time together. He did not probe really at all into the technical. The second person was a much better interviewer and very personable. The third guy on the phone did all of the technical questions. Unfortunately, he was from India and I could barely understand him. It gets a little embarrassing when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves 3 times on almost every question and still not positive what they said. Then answering technical questions in that exchange is really interesting because your really not sure if you are answering what was asked. I have no problem working with people from other cultures but I have got to be able to understand you. I really am miffed as to why companies have people who barely speak English to be forward facing to potential employees.

In all, a very poor experience. Very disorganized. Communication was terrible. I will not be considering JP Morgan ever again.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you current role is, all interviewers asked this question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Attended two rounds of interview on different days followed by HR interview.
    Met the hiring manager/group director and leads ..

Interview Questions

• Question like most difficult design decisions you ever made in the past and its outcome .
      also what would you like to be in the next five years - more of a HR question   Answer Question

Been offered Senior Associate position and did not accept the offer as i am not happy with the title.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Edinburgh, Scotland) in July 2015.

Interview

I° Step)
    Simple Excercise:
    I suggest to you to develop the solution using as most as possible Inheritance, Composition, Polymorphism, Interfaces and Abstract class and to structure your program as well as possible.
    The valutation point:
    + Use of Inheritance, Composition (Good)
    + Integration Test (Good)
    + Simply class and simply method (Good)
    - Overuse of static method (Bad)
    - Complex conditional statements (Bad)
    - Long complex methods (Bad)
    - A lot of unnecessary test cases. i.e. testing writing to a file. (Very Bad)

II° Step)
    Telephone Interview (first Technical Interview).
    Duration: 1h30'/2h, (normally the interview are shorter than that one as the Interviewer said to me).
    At cause of the quality of the call this one has been longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• 1) Difference between Checked and Unchecked exceptions in Java
      2) List and Collection in Java
      3) ArrayList and LinkedList
      4) HashMap (everything!! Ex. the complexity of a merge between two HashMap)
      5) Why JP Morgan
      6) What is OOP
      7) Difference between Interface and Abstract class.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

Interview

I) Interview with a recruiter, talk about yourself (skill, past project, etc.)
    II) Excercise, write a simple applications about Stocks Market:
    Pay attention about the implementation of the excercise, because they want to see what you know about the OOP, so I suggest to you to use:
    . Hierarchy
    . Composition
    . Interfaces and Abstract class
    . Integration Test.
    Bad Stuff (Don't do it !!):
    . large use of static method
    . use complex conditional statment
    . use of long complex method
    . implementations of unusefull test case (ex. read/write on file)
    . avoid logs (IF NOT REQUIRED).
    III) Technical Interview

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I got call through one of consultancy NETHR. I attended interview @ Hyderabad on 16.05.2015 as they scheduled and total 2 technical rounds of interview and 1 client round. that time client present the same location for client round interview. I cleared all the rounds and one of HR told you cleared all the rounds will get call on next week. So, after couple of weeks I got a email saying send your total current company offer letters, hike letters and 3 months payslips to continue HR round. I sent all the documents and got call from Mumbai J.P Morgan HR. she asked about expected salary.I specified some X% according to the market standard and my experience then she proposed 28% then finally I said ok to proceed with offer what she made. she said will call you in a week time and in the mid of week I got email saying your not selected for the interview.

I don't know why these kind of things playing HR. and more over even we send email also they are not giving response back. so, I called to NETHR consultancy they are also not responding to any emails any phone calls.

I suggest don't apply through this consultancy and also I suggest JP Morgan HR when people send emails about status please respond.

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quite smooth. First round was telephonic round lasted for 35-40 minutes. Covered questions from all areas of code java, multithreading, Struts, SQL.

Second round was face to face round. They gave some challenging problem statements on file systems, multithreading and design patterns.

After clearing 2nd round, I had 3rd round over video call which consisted of scenario based questions on serialization, multithreading, exception handling etc.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2014.

Interview

Impressed a recruiter at my final year project demonstration, he took my details and set up an interview shortly after confirming that I was available and had interest in the position.
    Interview was with two Lead Developers and consisted of an hours worth of tech and competency questions based on my work that I had done previously and how I would react to different goals being added on top of them .

Interview Questions

• Asked how I could modify my final year project (Constructing and Solving Sudokus) in order to satisfy additional requirements that were generated such as using multiple algorithms and different types of sudokus   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.