J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at J Sainsbury

1,344 Interview Reviews

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and simple. Seemed to have the job the second I arrived which was a nice surprise. They were very nice and talked me though what shifts I would have, how to get company benefits and any questions I had. Finished the interview with ordering uniform and getting a locker

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Oxford, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online and filled out a questionnaire. I was contacted less than a week later for an interview in the store. It was a one to one interview in which they went through some legal things and then asked me questions about the job I'd be doing like "How would you ensure quality of the stock," which I felt was somewhat unfair as I'd never worked in a supermarket before and this would probably be covered in training. It was also important to know exactly what you'd be doing from the job description, which days and how many hours because I was asked this too. I was also asked things like what is an example of you working well in a team, why did you choose sainsbury's as a place you want to work at, and something about whether I'd be working with lorries too I think.

Interview Questions

• What method of travel would you take to come to work everyday?   Answer Question

Online Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview process. I applied online the process took a few days. In the application there was simple test. Mostly common and sense and I got offered interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Completed online application, which consisted of a situational judgment test and numeracy test. Received an email saying I had been invited to an interview. The interview was with the manager of the restaurant. As I had no experience she was friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• 1)Why would you like to work at Sainsburys?/ 2)Scenario questions about difficulty with a customer and what you would do / 3) [something along the lines of] Tell us about a time when you solved a problem?   Answer Question

Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Bedford, England) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The interviewer was very positive and happy at all times and wrote down everything I said and he got rid of my nervousness and fears.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Fair honest and quick and quite an easy one. Interviewer was nice. A good experience. Would go again. I gave it 92 points. Is that enough? What more do you want?

Online Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Ipswich, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Very brief and easy. Talked about me and the manager was very polite and straight forward. Explained everything in sufficient detail and honestly was a good experience over all and felt out feeling comfortable with how I presented myself.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Relatively fast, informal. Not very complicated. The interview is one on one and starts with basic questions eg can you prove you are able to work in the uk. You have to bring proof but it does tell you this. The questions are pretty standard and what you would expect

Interview Questions

• Give an experience of excellent customer service you have given   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.