J Sainsbury Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1 Interview Review

2.0

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by a 1 hour in-person interview with the hiring manager and one of his colleagues.

The interview process seemed very disorganized. I applied online. Whenever I had questions during the interview process, I talked to different people in a call center ('The Agency at Sainsbury's' as they called themselves). It seemed more like a process suited for hiring temp people for supermarket positions, rather than a company trying to become digital.

The face to face interview lasted an hour and I was blasted questions (maybe about 30) one after the other by the interviewers. I felt I answered all of them sufficiently and they didn't ask for any follow ups on whatever I told them. The feedback I got was that I didn't go into enough depth when answering their questions. I disagreed and asked for a follow up option (either a phone call or a second round) since there is a lot I could offer them. I didn't get any response and I felt that was very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you manage a high-performer in your team.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.