JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions

Updated 11 Sep 2018

1.9

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks in process. I got a phone interview first. The HR offered me lots of materials of their company and their insurance products. The interview went smoothly. Tell me about a time when you had to choose between multiple options, your thought process, and the outcome of your choice.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion.

Interview

My interview was very typical. There was an initial phone screen with HR and then an in person interview with the store manager, then a final phone interview with the regional.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (San Antonio, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Well organized and respectful process for my position and career needs. Consider employment in a positive manner. Good initial overview and introduction of the job and needs for the bank.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Detroit, MI (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. I was a bit frustrated by the amount of time they had me on the phone. However, the questions were very easy and I did not have a hard time answering thenm. The person was very nice and professional. I emnjoyued our conversation.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Bury, North West England, England).

Interview

Two stage interview, first with specific team, then second interview with recruitment consultant and marketing lead for the area of the business in which I would be working. The questions were quite standard and not specific to the role, mostly about previous experience. I presented examples of my work even though this was not a requirement.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Cardiff, Wales) in January 2018.

Interview

I was called about my cv id sent. The lady said 'you sent us a cv about any management opportunities, are you still looking? Would you like to come in for an interview?' I obviously agreed and then later thought 'I haven't been told what the hours are etc' but figured I'd ask in the interview. I waited for half an hour before anyone saw me, and noone approached me during this time to apologise for the wait. After the interview, which was just standard questions (oh and she asked me three times throughout why I left my previous job... Like she hadn't been paying attention to any of my answers) I asked what the exact role would be. 'oh there isn't one' excuse me? 'we're just interviewing in case something comes up in the Wales area'. A joke. I don't know how they get away with it. I interviewed for a fictitious job. She then said if I was successful, (I'd be called back for a second interview in 2 weeks!!) I'd go to Manchester for a 3 month training course. Where I work Monday to Friday in Manchester, and then in the store I'll be employed in on weekends. For 3 months. It was a total insult. To interview someone for a potential maybe job that might happen somewhere in the country of Wales... Such a waste of my time.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Manchester, England) in March 2016.

Interview

A three pronged interview that really tests the Candidates metal to lead a diverse and multi skilled team, firstly a group exercise that teats how you work as part of a team, next a extensive written test about gathering figures and processing emails and last a 1:1 interview with 2 managers. Anybody going for this interview will be given a assessment centre pack, take it all in and do your home work

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have bent or broken the rules   Answer Question

Negotiation

Read the pack and do your homework on the company's policies and procedures

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Manchester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Very slow moving. Online test and interview spread over 3 months. I chased up when I had not heard anything a month after being told I would be invited to an interview. Attended interview but never heard anything from them

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in July 2012.

Interview

Meet with the store manager on a first interview - if this is passed then invited to a second interview with the area manager. I had both interviews in coffee shops around the area, they met me in there and they lasted about an hour each. It wasn't the most formal of interviews, they wanted to get to know you as a person more than anything. A few scenario based questions e.g. tell em a time when, how do, what would you do, has there been a time when etc.

I have had a few interviews for similar roles and this was by far the most laid back of them all - even with the area manager at the time.

Interview Questions

• Previous managerial experience   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in May 2016.

Interview

Too much dreams sold
    No actual questions
    The interviewer spoke more than me
    It felt like a chat
    Interviewer was laid back and had already made their mind up
    They just ignored what i was saying and changed the subject

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.