JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions

Updated 25 Nov 2017

1.9

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks in process. I got a phone interview first. The HR offered me lots of materials of their company and their insurance products. The interview went smoothly. Tell me about a time when you had to choose between multiple options, your thought process, and the outcome of your choice.

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Coventry, England).

Interview

Short and simple, very straight forward and not very demanding at all, staff made me feel at ease and not nervous, comfortable enough to communicate with them which was great

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event that somebody tried to steal from the store   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Bury, North West England, England).

Interview

Two stage interview, first with specific team, then second interview with recruitment consultant and marketing lead for the area of the business in which I would be working. The questions were quite standard and not specific to the role, mostly about previous experience. I presented examples of my work even though this was not a requirement.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in October 2017.

Interview

Dropped my CV in, and about a week later got a call from the manager. Got asked to come in for an interview which lasted about twenty mins. Before the interview I had to fill an application form, so I recommend getting to the store about twenty mins early.
    TOP TIP, YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING THE JOB ARE HUGELY INCREASED IF YOU CAN WORK MORE THAN 16 HOURS A WEEK

Christmas Temp Role Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in October 2017.

Interview

Went in the asked and was asked to sit down in the store and wait as others were being interviewed (30 minutes wait) when I went in for my interview, the interviewer was very friendly and asked me question from a sheet of paper, if he did Notice that I was nervous he would try and simple down the question
    Lasted approximately 20 minutes, very calm and relaxed interview, haven't been contacted yet

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Handed my CV to the girl standing at the tills on a Friday. They got back to me pretty quick on Sunday. Scheduled my interview for Tuesday morning and receive the job offer three hours after the interview. Had to go to the store as I missed the call. They asked me to come in the next day for induction and training. Second interview with the company and I felt better this time because the manager was friendly and nice.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I handed my CV in at JD and had gotten a call about 1 week later. The interview was very straightforward and calm, it lasted about 5 to 10 minutes I had gotten a call around 3 hours later saying that I had gotten the job

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in September 2017.

Interview

Dropped my cv off last week and was to come in on tuesday, as the busy holiday period is approaching they need more employees. You are more likely to get the job if you are looking for full time as employers like to invest in someone that will be there most of the time.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

Interview

I handed in my cv at a jobs stall in the Trafford centre, I had then got a phone call a couple days later saying I had interview.
    The Interview was very easy going and simple, it took around 5-7 mins and was done, and received a phone call a couple hours after saying I had got the job.
    The lady who interviewed me was very friendly and talkative.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Bournemouth, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the RM, asked me a few questions about my CV, asked existing salary then tried to talk me down for this company.
    Asked me to come along for a 'chat' was in a room with him for 25 mins, where he asked me no competency based questions, asserted that although he had 'only worked for JD Sports, he really had a business head', and tried to catch me out when told him I loved Trainers and had a trainer addiction.
    Whole experience was a 'measuring contest' only from one direction, (not me, I was looking for a new vocation) and I can safely say that having worked for some of the most respected brands in the UK, if not the world (Apple, O2, 3, Virgin Media) in retail management for 15 years, I've never come across such a huge waste of my time. If this guy is representative of what 'good looks like' in JD, I'll give it a wide berth.

Interview Questions

• What was the last pair of trainers you bought??   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.