JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JD Sports Fashion Interview Questions

Updated 12 Feb 2018

1.9

Strategy Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks in process. I got a phone interview first. The HR offered me lots of materials of their company and their insurance products. The interview went smoothly. Tell me about a time when you had to choose between multiple options, your thought process, and the outcome of your choice.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Cardiff, Wales) in January 2018.

Interview

I was called about my cv id sent. The lady said 'you sent us a cv about any management opportunities, are you still looking? Would you like to come in for an interview?' I obviously agreed and then later thought 'I haven't been told what the hours are etc' but figured I'd ask in the interview. I waited for half an hour before anyone saw me, and noone approached me during this time to apologise for the wait. After the interview, which was just standard questions (oh and she asked me three times throughout why I left my previous job... Like she hadn't been paying attention to any of my answers) I asked what the exact role would be. 'oh there isn't one' excuse me? 'we're just interviewing in case something comes up in the Wales area'. A joke. I don't know how they get away with it. I interviewed for a fictitious job. She then said if I was successful, (I'd be called back for a second interview in 2 weeks!!) I'd go to Manchester for a 3 month training course. Where I work Monday to Friday in Manchester, and then in the store I'll be employed in on weekends. For 3 months. It was a total insult. To interview someone for a potential maybe job that might happen somewhere in the country of Wales... Such a waste of my time.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Took a total of one week. I asked in store whether they had any job openings, they said I could bring in my CV. I brought it in around 2pm the next day with a covering letter (just to further show my interest!). I handed in my CV, waited with a friend of mine who already works there for about 5 minutes before one of the sales assistants came out of the back office to say I had an interview the next morning.
    The interview was alright, I was pretty nervous but the manager made sure to keep the interview in a conversation style. She informed me that I'd get a call if I made it and a letter in the post if I didn't.
    By the end of the day I received a call and was told to come back for an induction the following day.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday and was invited to an interview on Wednesday. The interview questions were things like what do you consider good customer service etc. Group interview, everybody was expected to participate

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Coventry, England).

Interview

Short and simple, very straight forward and not very demanding at all, staff made me feel at ease and not nervous, comfortable enough to communicate with them which was great

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the event that somebody tried to steal from the store   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Birmingham, England) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a very easy interview, the interviews questions was very straight forward and in the week after I had a phone call to say that I have passed the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) why do you want to work in jd ?   2 Answers

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in October 2017.

Interview

Dropped my CV in, and about a week later got a call from the manager. Got asked to come in for an interview which lasted about twenty mins. Before the interview I had to fill an application form, so I recommend getting to the store about twenty mins early.
    TOP TIP, YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING THE JOB ARE HUGELY INCREASED IF YOU CAN WORK MORE THAN 16 HOURS A WEEK

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Bury, North West England, England).

Interview

Two stage interview, first with specific team, then second interview with recruitment consultant and marketing lead for the area of the business in which I would be working. The questions were quite standard and not specific to the role, mostly about previous experience. I presented examples of my work even though this was not a requirement.

Christmas Temp Role Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion in October 2017.

Interview

Went in the asked and was asked to sit down in the store and wait as others were being interviewed (30 minutes wait) when I went in for my interview, the interviewer was very friendly and asked me question from a sheet of paper, if he did Notice that I was nervous he would try and simple down the question
    Lasted approximately 20 minutes, very calm and relaxed interview, haven't been contacted yet

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JD Sports Fashion (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

Handed my CV into the store and got a call back a few days later. Upon arrival to the store for my interview I had to fill out an application form and then I was brought up to the managements office for my interview. 5 days later Ii was notified I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have? Do you shop at JD sports? Have you an interest in runners and sportswear? What are the key things to being a good sales person do you think?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.