JLL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JLL Interview Questions

Updated 15 Dec 2017

2.7

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

I WAS "GHOSTED" - Applied online and was contacted within a week. I was really excited about this interview and the role seemed to be a strong fit. Had a brief phone interview with the HR Rep. The recruiter even told me at the end of the interview that she was "excited" for me to proceed with the interview process and when I asked what the next steps were, she mentioned that I should hear back from the hiring manager within the next couple days and that, if I didn't, I should send her an email. Sent her two follow-up emails, to which she never replied. A month later, I checked my application status online and saw that I was not selected. By that point I already knew, but I didn't expect to be "ghosted" after I got such positive feedback at the interview. And I've seen more postings of other applicants who were ghosted as well. If you've taken the time to prepare for a conversation and have sent a follow-up email, you should be provided with the courtesy of a quick and professional email response letting you know that you weren't selected. Not a good experience.

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

This interview process was probably the most unprofessional experience I've had in 15 years. The recruiter had me call them instead of them call me. She also randomly called me originally instead of scheduling a time to talk via email like 99% in the business do. While finally on the call, she interrupted the call not once but three times to respond to "IMs" and emails on the side. Then quickly and disruptively went back to her line of questioning with interjections when I would attempt to answer them. It put such a bad taste in my mouth with regard to the image and disorganization that must go on, that it made me very cautious. Highly doubtful I would have even accepted the offer anyways given this experience. It's the first impression you receive about a company, and when it's this disorganized it demonstrates what to expect as an employee. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• The list of questions was so extension, it was more like an interrogation.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with a JLL recruiter - she didn't seem to know much about the position itself but assured me that I would be a great fit for it. I went in to the Boston office to interview with three people from management. The position did not even closely match my skill set. The interview process took three hours. I was told the next step would be another in-person interview with more of upper-management. Though I didn't want the position, I was surprised that I never heard back after taking that much time out of my day to interview/wait around. Wildly unprofessional.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

1 HR meeting, 1 in-house team meeting, dynamic team but focused strictly brokerage, and not capital markets in the full extent of the word. Met first with human resource and thereafter met with the Los Angeles team to discuss the analyst opportunities

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to set-up a call. Recruiter called me and asked about my background and told me the hiring manager was the one who asked her to reach out to me. We spoke for almost an hour, and I was even told about the benefit program.
    After speaking she told me the hiring manager would be in touch early the following week. I never heard anything so I sent an email to the recruiter to follow-up. I was advised she was having trouble getting in touch with the hiring manager but they were still interested in speaking with me. I followed up with an additional email a week later and never received a response.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total. 1 day after applying online, I got an email from a recruiter who scheduled a 10 minute phone for next day. The recruiter asked about prior experiences to see if it matched what they were looking for. A week later I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and their manager (1:1). It was very casual, no pressure questions. They wanted hear about my prior experience and explained what they were looking for. They were very engaging and informative, a really nice team. I asked a lot of questions. A week later I had another phone interview with a manager out of Chicago. Again, no pressure, very casual...just wanted to know a little bit about me and how i've leveraged my career over the years. 3 days later I had my final interview with another manager. It was like the other interviews, again very casuals. After the 5th interview, I got a call from the hiring manager 2 hours later with the job offer. 3 days later, I received an email about the company doing a background check, in which i had to sign an electronic form and schedule a drug test....which takes at most 5 days for the result to come in. Once the results were in, i agreed to started a week later.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain how have you leveraged your career over the years?   Answer Question

Brokerage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the Brokerage Assistant position in Austin, TX and was contacted within a week by the HR rep in Chicago. Proceeding that interview, I was contacted the same day by two hiring managers at the JLL branch in Austin to set up another interview, which took place the next day. My third interview happened a week later. During my final interview, 2 panels of brokers and other employees met me. Questioning from both panels took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle type A people in your work environment?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at JLL in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was clear and well-timed. There were three phone interviews and no in person interview due to most of the team working remotely. The interviews consisted of skill and behavioral questions. Overall, the interviews were easy. I received the offer of employment, and that is where my negative experience with JLL began.

I decided to counter the offer as they came in below my asking value. After I sent my counter offer, I never received any further communication from JLL. I sent multiple emails and phone calls the following week to the HR team and Management team asking for updates. They cut off all communication with me. I never received information as to whether my counter offer was being reviewed, declined, or accepted. Overall, I am disappointed with the level of communication and lack of professionalism that followed my counter offer. I will not be considering JLL for any of my future career moves and I advise exercising caution to anyone considering working for JLL. If they behave like this to a potential new employee, I cannot imagine the apathy they will have for one’s career once you are in the door.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to make a Strategic Supply Chain decision at your current role?   Answer Question

Brokerage Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL in September 2017.

Interview

In depth phone interview. The phone call lasted about an hour. We Went over my entire resume and the interviewer asked basic questions. Nothing that made an effort to get to know me as a person. I asked how the company was and if she enjoyed working there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JLL in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from JLL recruiter and had a quick conversation. No hard questions just wanted to see if I was interested in interviewing. She then set me up to talk to a manager.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions just general questions about your background. How many people I've managed. Wanted to know if I was well rounded in maintenance.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.