JLL Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

JLL Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.7

Strategic Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter to set-up a call. Recruiter called me and asked about my background and told me the hiring manager was the one who asked her to reach out to me. We spoke for almost an hour, and I was even told about the benefit program.
    After speaking she told me the hiring manager would be in touch early the following week. I never heard anything so I sent an email to the recruiter to follow-up. I was advised she was having trouble getting in touch with the hiring manager but they were still interested in speaking with me. I followed up with an additional email a week later and never received a response.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

There were 5 interviews total. 1 day after applying online, I got an email from a recruiter who scheduled a 10 minute phone for next day. The recruiter asked about prior experiences to see if it matched what they were looking for. A week later I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and their manager (1:1). It was very casual, no pressure questions. They wanted hear about my prior experience and explained what they were looking for. They were very engaging and informative, a really nice team. I asked a lot of questions. A week later I had another phone interview with a manager out of Chicago. Again, no pressure, very casual...just wanted to know a little bit about me and how i've leveraged my career over the years. 3 days later I had my final interview with another manager. It was like the other interviews, again very casuals. After the 5th interview, I got a call from the hiring manager 2 hours later with the job offer. 3 days later, I received an email about the company doing a background check, in which i had to sign an electronic form and schedule a drug test....which takes at most 5 days for the result to come in. Once the results were in, i agreed to started a week later.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain how have you leveraged your career over the years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JLL in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from JLL recruiter and had a quick conversation. No hard questions just wanted to see if I was interested in interviewing. She then set me up to talk to a manager.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions just general questions about your background. How many people I've managed. Wanted to know if I was well rounded in maintenance.   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

First I was interviewed by the hiring manager. Then I was contacted by head research analyst of norther CA, had another phone interview. Then we set up another interview where I had to come in. First I had to take an Excel exam in 15 mins. Then I was interviewed by three people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

You first receive a screening call from Chicago office. Then an email inviting you to a casual interview a week later. You are interviewed with the team you will be potentially working with about 3-4 members. You basically have to run through your experience, day to day, and how JLL can help you grow and progress your career.

Lease Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a call the following day for a quick screening. Then I was emailed about more information. The position I applied for was put in hold but then a few days later I got an email asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was great- I met with two groups of two people who were in the team I was being interviewed for. The questions weren't run of the mill at all, which I enjoyed, and focused mainly on my responsibilities in my current position. They told me I'd hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long, unorganized and confusing. During the entire process your are not sure if you are still in the running or if they have considered other candidates. It seemed that only when I contacted my recruiter or hiring manager did the process move forward. At first I was not sure if that was a test, but I later found out through my experiences that they are simply disorganized and the interview process is very decentralized. Stages of the interview process were quite rewarding, especially when meeting executives within the company. Throughout the process I was met with optimism concerning my success and potential fit within the company. It eventually led to an official offer that I was content with, but like any offer, I negotiated a slightly highly starting salary. My counter was met with my initial offer being rescinded entirely. The reasoning for my offer being rescinded was due to budgetary issues, but there were many contradictions in the email that led me to believe the reasoning was vindictive in nature.

To JLL, please do not make a prospective candidate go through almost 3 months of interviews, extend an offer, only to rescind the offer in the last possible minute. I notified my current employer of my intention to leave, I could of been stuck in the middle with no job.

To others applying for a job at JLL. Be very forward on how long the interview process will take and ask when they plan on filling the position. I advise to tread very carefully when negotiating your starting salary, and it is probably best to go through HR directly rather than your hiring manager.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Kenilworth, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager, then had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and the assistant data manager. Finally, had a phone interview with the hiring manager, and the senior data manager.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description interests you the most?   Answer Question
    • How have you used Tableau and other technologies before?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a great phone interview with recruiter. We discussed the required skills needed for the position and that I had a background in multifamily. I would be reporting to two managing directors.

Interview Questions

• We discussed all of my skills that were a match for the position.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next week for a phone screen interview (I scheduled the phone screen a couple days after). Waited another week and received an email for an in-person interview at their Downtown LA office. Once arrival, I met with two of their accounting staff members. After they left, two senior accounting members interviewed me. Overall interview was around 2 hours (30-45 minutes per group). After waiting for two more weeks, I checked the online portal and saw I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions. Know your journal entries about accruals and know basic accounting equation -> Assets = Liabilities + Equity. They gave me accounts with specific numbers and had to plug each one into a group to find the answer.
      Ex. Machinery $10k Land $10k Payable $10k
      What is equity?   Answer Question
    • Asked about what type of excel function would be used in a certain scenario.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.