Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Graduate Civil Engineer

Jacobs Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Birmingham, England) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a 15 minutes presentation about the company and the graduate program by two interviewers. After that we had a 15 minutes group task about building sustainable houses and we had to present it. Finally we had around one hour long 1:1 interview with 5 competency based questions and 2 technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to manage your time effectively.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jacobs

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

I have a phone call, then an assesment center, after that one interview face to face with two engineers. After a couple of weeks I knew the result, it was really easy and straighforwad, I was recommended by a friend.

Interview Questions

• whay do you want to join jacobs?, how do you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobs (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2015.

Interview

Online submission with standard cv and cover letter, focused on health and safety. Received a call from hr inviting to an assessment center which was around an hour of presentations and group work and around 35/40 one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond what was expected of you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Manchester City Centre, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Very good interview process, easy and straight forward, just an online application and interview. The interview consists of 1 group exercise and then a 2 to 1 or 1 to 1 interview. Both went extremely well and questions are pretty generic in the sense they are to test your competancy, just answer truthfully and you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• When have you missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (London, England) in December 2014.

Interview

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions

• Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnersh, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Winnersh, England) in April 2018.

Interview

People who interviewed me were just very boring and they seemed like they hate their job. They weren't even happy when they were speaking about the projects they work on.
    I was asked some questions related to my skills as well as I was given questions to be solved on board and on paper.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Birmingham, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Just one interview with 2 senior members of the team. Asking you on your approach to situations in past work/uni projects. Technical questions were asked but it didn't hinder too much if you had a go and stated you weren't sure

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where health and safety played an important part in your past experiences   Answer Question