Jacobs Interview Questions in Reading, UK | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jacobs Interview Questions in Reading, UK

Interviews at Jacobs

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnersh, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Winnersh, England) in April 2018.

Interview

People who interviewed me were just very boring and they seemed like they hate their job. They weren't even happy when they were speaking about the projects they work on.
    I was asked some questions related to my skills as well as I was given questions to be solved on board and on paper.

Senior Or Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnersh, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Winnersh, England) in March 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks submitting my application I was contacted by HR to arrange an interview. The date offered wasn't suitable and a week later was offered another date which I accepted. The interviewer (department director) turned up 13 mins late, mumbled some apology and we have started.
    Although the job location advertised was London or Croydon, I only found out at the interview that it has been changed to Croydon only but no-one bothered to tell me that. If I had known I could've saved a trip to Winnersh.

Average behaviour-based interview questions, there wasn't any option to steer it off the script which was a slight disappointment. When I had the chance to ask some questions, the interviewer only focused on to catch the 'hidden meaning' of the question. No, you were wrong - you tried so hard you missed the point completely and it was obvious from the answer. Overall I had the impression that there was no plans or a clear idea in what direction the department should progress. No clue how to market themselves, what the recent trends are in technology they could take advantage of. Overall it was a huge disappointment. To top it all, no feedback for 5 weeks despite promising giving one in 2 weeks and me following it up in 3 weeks. The obvious step was to withdraw my application, I wanted to be nowhere this dysfunction. 7 weeks after the interview HR called me to make an offer, oblivious to the fact I was no longer interested. Awkward silence and wondering why they did not get a notification from their own system when I told my application was withdrawn weeks ago...

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example when you had to budget and manage a task/work package?   2 Answers

Highways Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacobs (Reading, England) in November 2016.

Interview

went in for a an introduction and details on what jacob does by a group of jacob employees. When we were done with that, we had a group exercise mainly on safety and presented it to them at the end of the exercise. We were then taken for personal interviews with two employees who asked technical questions and then competency questions.

Graduate Transport Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobs (Reading, England) in February 2015.

Interview

15 minute presentation on Jacobs. They then asked four of us in a group to brainstorm a discussion regarding 'the problems facing engineers at present' - the group was a mixture of different job interviewees. I was then taken off to a room with 2 members of staff and asked the following questions; interviewers were very friendly and helped calm my nerves.

Interview Questions

• - A time where you have gone out of your way to inspire or help someone
      - A time where you required the help of others to get a task done
      - A time when you have missed a deadline
      - A time when you had to research something you were unsure of

Technical - Showed a diagram of routes and areas of traffic flow. Asked to calculate the flow at 3 locations from a matrix of traffic flow numbers from each location.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.