Jane Street Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jane Street Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at Jane Street

3.7

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street.

Interview

Online assessment which is all about probability questions. It would took you 30 minutes to finish it. 4 questions in total. If you are good at math, it would be super easy.

Interview Questions

• probability questions like conditional probability   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jane Street

Trader Interview

Interview

Given chips to bet with on brain-teaser type games. There were about 5 interviewers on-site, and a couple phone screens beforehand. You're also given a sheet on market-making before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Market on sum of four cards as they were being flipped.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

The interview is on site and have a lot of different rounds. There is a lunch break in between with all the other interviewees together, and was quite intense. You need to be able to think very fast.

Interview Questions

• Gambling on a coin flip being heads, giving you increasing odds of 1.5:1 gradually up to 7:1 and explain your reasoning of betting/not betting on it.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jane Street in June 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for a phone screen. There were no behavioral questions, strictly probability questions. The interviewer explained the process and got straight into the questions. I got stuck multiple times and he tried to give me hints. Got my rejection about 2 weeks later.

Trader Interview

Interview

After emailing with the recruiter, had a phone screen with a trader, got an email a few weeks after that they weren't interested in proceeding any further, overall was fine

Interview Questions

• Basic probability questions, a sequence of dice games, many parts to the problems, interview didn't say much during the process of solving them, just let me work things out and talk   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone interviews. The latter ones are more in depth and involved. Probability questions like coin flips and dice rolling are frequently tested. The interviewers were nice and offered useful hints.

Interview Questions

• Compute the expected value of the median of rolling the dice three times   4 Answers

Trader Interview

Interview

I applied for this position online through their website. Got the first round phone interview after maybe 2 weeks. The interview is about brainteasers and they are easy for the 1st round. But I failed without much preperation.

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jane Street (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen; the interviewer was nice. Seems like the interviewer have couple of brain teasers prepared but I didn't get through the first one. Be prepared about brainteasers and probability questions.

Trader Interview

Interview

There are multiple rounds for the trader intern position, 1st round is an online assessment which tests your coding and math, now having the 2nd round phone interview which basically tests expectations

Trader Interview

Interview

Phone interview with brain teasers. Difficult questions, guy on the other end wanted answers to completion and would try to help you out if you were stuck. Didn't move on to next round.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.