Janssen Pharmaceutica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Janssen Pharmaceutica Interview Questions

Interviews at Janssen Pharmaceutica

2.6

Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Its so nice and convenient for me as it was only phone screening and telephonic discussion about job position. My current manager was interviewer who just got the knowledge and skill of mine in few minutes and hired me quickly on the same day and I joined next week.

Interview Questions

• Only few technical and few generalized questions.   2 Answers

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Titusville, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Serial interviews, starting and ending with the Hiring Manager and including a peer-level employee; a customer/stakeholder manager, and a senior functional level vice-president. Topics included a general overview of the aspects of the position that appealed to be areas where I could have immediate impact to relieve the current crunch created by the vacant position.

Interview Questions

• No trick or gotcha questions; inquiries sought info about the transferability of the duties and responsibilities of my current job to the "new" position.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica.

Interview

A person from my group actually referred me to the job. Through a third party recruiter. It was a more behavioural type interview as they found what they needed in me. Very little technical. But I was not graduating soon, so they could not approach with an offer. It was a quick 20 minute interview. Two were on the phone at the same time and they both had a few technical understanding for the job. overall, it was an easy one. They told, if they have similar kind of opening after my graduation they will contact. Asked to be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Not so much technical - was perfect match for the position - but they needed somebody sooner so I could not join   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring is like every company- list of corporate questions that have little to no bearing on your ability to sell product. If the hiring manager was in tune, he / she would ask you about relevant experiences you've had and how you would incorporate them into the job

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a lie you told your employer. What was the outcome? How would you change it?   Answer Question

Regional Manager was not someone I would work for

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Virginia Beach, VA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Received an email requesting an interview about 2 weeks after submitting an online application and completing an assessment. Was told I would hear back either way within 3 weeks after the interview. Called after 2 weeks to follow up to be told there was still interviewing going on. Followed up after 3 weeks with an email and never heard back!

Drug Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica.

Interview

Interviewed by only the hiring manager. Basically standard situational questions.

Finance Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Columbus, OH (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I received the offer to interview from my school career site. I was given an interview in person with a worldwide finance director who was an alumni from my school. The interview was only about 20 minutes, and the interviewer really only asked about what I did during school and some of my leadership experiences. There werent any business questions or anything. I received the offer a couple weeks later. They only gave me a week to decide. Once I said yes, I just had to do a drug test and show up.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were in a leadership role and you had issues leading.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the offer a couple weeks after my interview. They only gave me a week to decide. Once I said yes, I just had to do a drug test and show up. I later found out that they only recruit from a select number of schools, so its not likely that you can apply online and get it.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Round 1: Pre Screening via Interview Stream with 3 pre-recorded Behavioral questions. You have the option to playback and re-record your answers with the Interview Stream software.

Round 2: Interview with 1 or 2 Hiring Managers, mostly behavioral interview questions
    Length: 1 hour

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume and highlight some of your achievements.

2. Now we'd like to ask you some behavioural questions to see how you would think:
      - Tell me about a time when you worked under pressure to meet a deadline.
      - Tell me about a time when you lead a team that wasn't necessarily in your department. How did you motivate them? What was the result?
      - Tell me about an accomplishment you are proud of.

3. Is there something else we didn't discuss that you would like us to know.

*Know your strengths and weaknesses *Expect more probing into the stories you tell, really want to understand how you arrived to a decision and your thought processes   Answer Question

Traineeship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online, you receive a mail to take a pre recorded Video interview within a certain period. Questions contain typical interview questions. You have to answer within a limited time. You can review and redo your recording if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Why this traineeship?
      Describe your role in a project you did   Answer Question

Global Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beerse (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Beerse (Belgium)) in October 2014.

Interview

Communications started with an email invitation following my application through the company's career portal.
    Approximately two weeks later, I was invited for an in-person meeting with two interviewers. First impression I had when I arrived was that I was at the wrong place! A very cold, unfriendly environment, dark rooms, narrow corridors with low light. No smile on people's faces - I could feel their tension and apprehensiveness. Everything looked so business-driven (number-driven?) they probably did not had time to think about employees' wellness. This was my first and most important disappointment: where is the famous employees' awarded company? So, am I going to spend 8 hours of my day in a place like that? I don't think so...
    When the interview started, half of my energy and enthusiasm were already drained by the stone cold place. The interviewers were very polite and professional, although very demanding (robotic?) and focused, giving the impression that it was a test, a challenge, instead of an interview. A great hint on what kind of management I could expect to have - which may be great to others, but just doesn't work for me.
    Questions were very broad and somehow disconnected, from the usual "tell me about yourself" to very hypothetical questions about systems and tools. Sorry I cannot remember further, but at a certain point I just wanted to leave the place...
    Maybe I could see more if I accepted the job and had given them a chance, but a hiring process is a two-way road: a candidate must brand him or herself to the employer as much as the company must brand itself to the candidate. When I hear the question "why should I hire you?" (or questions alike), I always think about reversing the question such as "why should I work for you?". I am sure the answer would be focused on numbers and overall sentiment, which was totally different from what I saw there.
    When I asked "do you like to work here?", the answer was a brief "Yes". I confess that I almost asked "Are you sure?"...
    I wish someone could really show me why, where and how did Janssen/J&J win the employees' awards for being a good place to work, because during the interview I could not see it, neither from the interview itself nor from the workplace surroundings and from the people working there. Maybe this is different at other sites, but this one in Belgium is awful!

The company's lack of enthusiasm, good environment, human touch and wellness made me decline the job offer. Quite funny because I am an introvert person, so theoretically this was supposed to be a nice place for me. Turns out it was not; I need to work with people, for people, even though I need to have a certain amount of independence and autonomy. There is a big difference between "joining the team" and "joining the herd". This place is not for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.