Janssen Pharmaceutica Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Janssen Pharmaceutica

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Janssen Pharmaceutica

Found 18 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Belgium
Application

I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Belgium) in Aug 2020

Interview

First I had to send my CV and cover letter. After two weeks I received an invitation for a job interview. The questions were about your CV and past experiences than and not really technical.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about your exchange program.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Netherlands
Application

I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Netherlands) in Oct 2018

Interview

First telephonic interview with the hiring manager. This interview was basically an introduction. Conversation mainly revolved around past experience. Then followed a whole day of interviews with different team leads in the department. Interviews were of 30 minutes each and there was a

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you had to work individually.
Anonymous Employee in Belgium
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Belgium)

Interview

Réception d’un e-mail m’invitant à un premier entretient téléphonique suite à ma candidature pour le poste. Entretient téléphonique de 30 minutes sur des questions générales concernant mon parcours et mes compétences. Par la suite choix d’une date pour différents entretiens avec employés et directeurs sur le site. Questions générales sur mon parcours et détaillées sur les connaissances dans la discipline.

Interview Questions
Janssen Pharmaceutica
Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (New Brunswick, NJ) in Jul 2016

Interview

Its so nice and convenient for me as it was only phone screening and telephonic discussion about job position. My current manager was interviewer who just got the knowledge and skill of mine in few minutes and hired me quickly on the same day and I joined next week.

Interview Questions
  • Only few technical and few generalized questions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Titusville, NJ
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Titusville, NJ) in Mar 2016

Interview

Serial interviews, starting and ending with the Hiring Manager and including a peer-level employee; a customer/stakeholder manager, and a senior functional level vice-president. Topics included a general overview of the aspects of the position that appealed to be areas where I could have immediate impact to relieve the current crunch created by the vacant position.

Interview Questions
  • No trick or gotcha questions; inquiries sought info about the transferability of the duties and responsibilities of my current job to the "new" position.
Anonymous Employee in Beerse
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Beerse) in Jan 2016

Interview

Cv-screening, video-interview, 3 online testen, assessment dat (individueel interview, omgekeerde jobbeurs, bedrijfsbezoek, business case en rollenspel). Een heel uitgebreide procedure met in totaal 9 evaluaties. Nadeel hiervan is dat het redelijk lang duurt.

Interview Questions
  • Waarom ben jij de geschikte persoon voor dit traineeship?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Round 1: Pre Screening via Interview Stream with 3 pre-recorded Behavioral questions. You have the option to playback and re-record your answers with the Interview Stream software. Round 2: Interview with 1 or 2 Hiring Managers, mostly behavioral interview questions Length: 1 hour

Interview Questions
  • 1. Walk me through your resume and highlight some of your achievements. 2. Now we'd like to ask you some behavioural questions to see how you would think: - Tell me about a time when you worked under pressure to meet a deadline. - Tell me about a time when you lead a team that wasn't necessarily in your department. How did you motivate them? What was the result? - Tell me about an accomplishment you are proud of. 3. Is there something else we didn't discuss that you would like us to know. *Know your strengths and weaknesses *Expect more probing into the stories you tell, really want to understand how you arrived to a decision and your thought processes
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgium
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Belgium) in Mar 2015

Interview

After applying online, you receive a mail to take a pre recorded Video interview within a certain period. Questions contain typical interview questions. You have to answer within a limited time. You can review and redo your recording if necessary.

Interview Questions
  • Why this traineeship? Describe your role in a project you did
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (United States)

Interview

A person from my group actually referred me to the job. Through a third party recruiter. It was a more behavioural type interview as they found what they needed in me. Very little technical. But I was not graduating soon, so they could not approach with an offer. It was a quick 20 minute interview. Two were on the phone at the same time and they both had a few technical understanding for the job. overall, it was an easy one. They told, if they have similar kind of opening after my graduation they will contact. Asked to be in touch.

Interview Questions
  • Not so much technical - was perfect match for the position - but they needed somebody sooner so I could not join
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beerse
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen Pharmaceutica (Beerse) in Oct 2014

Interview

Communications started with an email invitation following my application through the company's career portal. Approximately two weeks later, I was invited for an in-person meeting with two interviewers. First impression I had when I arrived was that I was at the wrong place! A very cold, unfriendly environment, dark rooms, narrow corridors with low light. No smile on people's faces - I could feel their tension and apprehensiveness. Everything looked so business-driven (number-driven?) they probably did not had time to think about employees' wellness. This was my first and most important disappointment: where is the famous employees' awarded company? So, am I going to spend 8 hours of my day in a place like that? I don't think so... When the interview started, half of my energy and enthusiasm were already drained by the stone cold place. The interviewers were very polite and professional, although very demanding (robotic?) and focused, giving the impression that it was a test, a challenge, instead of an interview. A great hint on what kind of management I could expect to have - which may be great to others, but just doesn't work for me. Questions were very broad and somehow disconnected, from the usual "tell me about yourself" to very hypothetical questions about systems and tools. Sorry I cannot remember further, but at a certain point I just wanted to leave the place... Maybe I could see more if I accepted the job and had given them a chance, but a hiring process is a two-way road: a candidate must brand him or herself to the employer as much as the company must brand itself to the candidate. When I hear the question "why should I hire you?" (or questions alike), I always think about reversing the question such as "why should I work for you?". I am sure the answer would be focused on numbers and overall sentiment, which was totally different from what I saw there. When I asked "do you like to work here?", the answer was a brief "Yes". I confess that I almost asked "Are you sure?"... I wish someone could really show me why, where and how did Janssen/J&J win the employees' awards for being a good place to work, because during the interview I could not see it, neither from the interview itself nor from the workplace surroundings and from the people working there. Maybe this is different at other sites, but this one in Belgium is awful!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews