Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Nov 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2017.

Interview

One hour and a half discussion with 3 representatives, including HR. Free discussion, with questions from them and a short improvised test on a press release that they sent once with the interview confirmation.

Interview Questions

• What's your inner motivation to work for tobacco industry?
      How did your friends react when you told them about this interview?
      Tell us more about your private life: age... (did not mention year of birth in the CV)
      What kind of manager would you like to have?   1 Answer

Brand Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Milan, MI (US)).

Interview

First telephone interview with HR, 3 face to face meetings (brand Manager, group brand manager and Marketing Director) plus an assessment day. Slow but not difficult since based on examples of professional experiences.

Legal Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

it was the first interview by phone and the person conducting the interview was actually rude and nasty. I almost hung up on her. If everyone is as nasty and rude at the company I would not want to work there

Interview Questions

• They pushed to the point of nastiness asking why I wanted to leave my present job and what I was presently making after I gave them a range and now even after the question is illegal in Mass and there is a push to make the question illegal nationally   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1st round interview with HR followed by 2nd round interview with hiring manager, the whole process is simple but the decision making process is very slow. Also the type of questions asked during the interview is very old school.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ruffin, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ruffin, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Submit resume to hiring manager, take 3 online assessments, face to face interview with HR manager and Head of HR, return for a 2nd interview. If you are asked in again, you will receive an offer. The process takes from 1 to 2 weeks.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in January 2017.

Interview

I applied at JTI in the beginning of this year. Three weeks later, I received an opportunity to go through their interview process.
    1. Phone interview- a recruiter reached out to me asking to schedule for a phone interview. This part was very basic and it lasted a little more than 30 mins. She was very nice, professional and sounded really interested in me. She made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process.
    2. Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment- this is second part. It wasn't hard at all. The company just wanted to see what kind of candidate I am based on how I see myself compared to how others see me.
    3. Face to Face interview-for the third round, the recruiter scheduled me a personal interview with one regional manager and two district managers. I got to the interview and my first reaction was that they all have different faces (one is strict, one is laid back, and one is very professional). The interview lasted about an hour. Their questions aren't hard at all. I highly believed that I nailed every questions that they asked me. And they seemed very interested in me. I came prepared for the interview by researching about the company and the job. I even pulled out answered that made their jaws dropped. After the interview, the regional manager even said, "wow, I really like you!"

The next day, I received an email from my recruiter saying that they decided to go with other candidates. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. I had high expectations based on how well I did throughout the entire process. Overall, the entire process was very long (+6weeks). I was very disappointed at first, but life goes on. Do not get discourage. I just convinced myself that other candidates might have brought something better on the table. So hopefully this review helps you guys!

Interview Questions

• This is one of those interview where you really have to prepare yourself! Know your skills and experience and learn how to match them with the company's needs.

Phone interview: Basic questions then she went over the job and the company
      Tell me about yourself?
      Desired Salary?
      Name a trouble you experienced at your workplace and how did you solve it?

Face to Face interview: Make sure you know the STAR format!!!
      They asked me a lot of STAR questions. (name a time you change something, time you didn't know a policy exist, time you work with a team, time you went above and beyond for someone, and more)
      Additional questions:
      What do you know about the company so far?
      What do you about our competitors?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Why tobacco company?
      Why should we hire you?

Do not give them a one sentence answer!!! Know about the company and let them know that you do want to be there. Good luck   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple
    Begins with a simple phone interview with the human resources manager, followed by an in person interview. An excel test is required due to the company's comprehensive use of excel.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everything went good. Process of interviewing was series of 3 interviews. Started with HR and than with direct supervisor and in the end interview with Country manager and direct supervisor.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional. The recruiter was yawning in the phone and interrupting me as I spoke. It was quite comical. Even if I was moved on to the next stage I would decline since my first impression was that particular recruiter

Interview Questions

• Didn't rally ask questions. I had to do all of the talking   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teaneck, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Teaneck, NJ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online; was contacted within a week or so for a prescreening. About a week later, I was contacted to have an in-person interview with the HR manager and hiring manager.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teaneck, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Teaneck, NJ (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called for an interview within 2 weeks; after a brief phone interview I was scheduled to come in for a face to face. A week or 2 went by and I didn't hear anything due to the holidays, however as soon as they were over I was brought back in to meet with executive and later on that week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project or task you worked on that did not go as scheduled.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.