John Lewis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2018

2.7

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis (Glasgow, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete a test then you get invited to group interviews. where is very relaxed but everything is being watched and marked. Always youse "partner" and not staff members

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis in September 2017.

Interview

Completed the initial tasks online (situational tests etc). I was then offered an interview which I was told was a group task and then an individual task. On the day I got there and there was 5 of us in total. We went upstairs into a room and was told a bit more about the role.

GROUP TASK
    We were given a scenario where we had a long task list and various customers were approaching us, we had 5 minutes to ourselves to make notes on it and then as a group we had to list the most important tasks to the least. We had 2 assessors on this task watching us and making notes so make sure you contribute, they are looking to see how you work in a group, but don't talk over other people.

INDIVIDUAL TASK
    We were given an answer sheet and a booklet which had 3 scenarios in and we had 20 minutes to write up individually how we'd act in the scenario. I have written the scenarios below, please bare in mind they weren't written exactly like that, but that was the gist of the question!

There was no 1 on 1 interview which I was surprised about. Maybe this is because it's a Christmas Temp job? Who knows. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• You are working on the click and collect till when a customer approaches you and says she has recieved an email saying her order is ready to be collected, you check the stock room and you cannot find the order, how do you resolve this?   1 Answer
    • The sales team in the linen range approach you and they are not hitting their sales targets. You know the popular 'egyptian bed linen' has low availability at the moment. As a stock Replenishment assistant, how do you ensure the sales team hit their sales targets?   1 Answer
    • You are in the stock room when you come up with a more efficient way of doing things. You haven't told anyone yet about your idea. How do you go about doing this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (Exeter, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 4 weeks, the interview itself was amazing, learned some great inside information, but just be yourself, and don't be the cocky one who's in charge, and think its all about being heard,m its not, if you ant to be noticed then talk about the partnership, they where very impressed with my knowledge, though the only draw back is my availability, I've passed the interview, and im currently waiting for my availability to match, for a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The Morning Breakfast in the Cafe Scenario   1 Answer

Negotiation

Im half way for an offer, still on hold, be patient with them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis (Stratford, London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Candidates divided into 2 group for team brainstorming and presentation. Then individual interview.

Before getting the interview, had to answer 40 situation questions on their website. Several candidates have no experience for the position they applied for. Strongly believe that the chosen one is selected before. Another waste of time as rushing answer at the group presentation then long wait for 1-on-1 interview.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis in November 2014.

Interview

First submitted an online application form and answered online questions, mostly personality quiz style.
    Then had a group interview (see interview questions for more details).
    Then had a three hour unpaid trial period to see how I worked in the cafe environment with questions afterwards about hours and travel to the cafe.

Interview Questions

• First had to find out something about the person next to us and tell everyone an interesting fact about them. We then had to work as a team to solve a jigsaw where only one member of the group had the picture and told the rest of the group how to do it. We also were given case studies about different situations that might happen in the cafe and talk about how we'd resolve them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis (Liverpool, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online via the John Lewis website, invited in for interview, observed group discussion with other candidates about various scenarios then a 1 on 1 interview with section manager. Also given a tour of the cafe.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis.

Interview

No group task only one to one . Sat waiting for previous applicant to be interviewed . Nerve wracking wait when group task was expected . Friendly interviewer apologised for wait.

Interview Questions

• What do I look for when go into restaurant /cafe   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Interview

Group activity where we matched peoples needs to the food options available to them. Followed by an individual interview asking about 5-7 questions where you always had to give an example.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself (snap shot of you -what you are doing atm etc)   Answer Question
    • give an example in school or work where you have overcome a difficult situation and what was that situation?   2 Answers
    • give an example when you have taught someone how to do something?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis in August 2017.

Interview

Filled in online application, assessment day offered about 2 weeks later.
    Straightforward and relaxed Assessment 'day' lasted less than 2 hours with individual and group problem-solving activities.

Offered job the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritse your tasks when faced with a number of unforeseen problems in the store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis (High Wycombe, England) in October 2015.

Interview

A group interview with around 8 people interviewing for either this job or a sales assistant position. Interview lasted around an hour and involved a couple of different activities meant to test team work skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.