John Lewis & Partners Catering Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Catering Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.6

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Asked to go to the partners entrance. Greeted and taken to a room of approximately 4 other people. Taken separately for an interview. Then placed back into another room with approximately 15 people and did a group exercise whilst the interviewers observed. Then did an exercise alone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something didn't go to plan and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Newcastle upon Tyne, England).

Interview

Group interview with other candidates. Given a situation/ customer related issue and between you, you had to come up with a solution, expressing individual ideas, or agreements/ disagreements with other peoples ideas. Idea is to stand out against the others, but most importantly demonstrate you can work alongside others in a productive and collaborative way.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to be adaptive in your approach to a situation?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

the interview process was relaxed and rather enjoyable. Ee were divided into groups of three and given a scenario to work through as a group. We were then asked to complete an individual situational judgment question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Sheffield, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Received an offer for a group assessment and interview the day after applying. Group assessment was with 7 other people. We were given scenarios and had to discuss them according to the questions provided on the sheet. After that we has one to one interviews which weren't so scary, so overall a nice positive experience!

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

Applied online and was pretty straight forward with a 500 word limit on your previous experience. Interview followed a structure and was very relaxed friendly and informal. I was asked a number of questions and then given twenty minutes to complete a written questionnaire looking at information and matching it to the customer. Good communication throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      Tell about a time you taught someone something?
      Tell us about a time you gave good customer service?   Answer Question

28 Mar 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad to hear that the experience was pleasant for you and that you felt relaxed at the interview stage.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, Scotland) in February 2019.

Interview

I was invited for an interview one day after filling out my online application. I then had to select a time slot for the day do the interview.

Almost two weeks later, I attended the interview. There were four people being interviewed. First, they got all of us to do a group task where we had to discuss a scenario. We had to analyse it ourselves then discuss it as a group and write our thoughts on a poster during a limited time frame.
     Afterwards, we all had 1:1 interviews. I had to wait around 20 minutes to be seen for the 1:1 interview. When I was seen, the interview lasted around 20-30 minutes. All of the assessors were lovely and made it a more chilled environment, which calmed me down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • List characteristics of a good team   1 Answer

21 Mar 2019 – Social Media Executive

Glad to hear your interview experience was a positive one. We like our assessors to make candidates feel at ease. It's how we get the best out in people so that's also great to hear. Thanks for leaving your review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (High Wycombe, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Been invited for a group interview which for my opinion took long waiting time rather then interview itself.
    Been given paper scenario with 6 questions after wards discussion with group. 10 min reading time 15 min for talking with group and after waiting around 30-45 min to one to one interview

Interview Questions

• Why John Lewis?
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me how often you had feedback from previous job .?   Answer Question

14 Jan 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent interview in John Lewis & Partners, High Wycombe. We have taken the point you have raised about the long waiting time and will continue to evaluate the process to ensure it is not longer than it need to be. Thank You.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

We were brought in for a gtoup assessment which involves working with a small group of others on situation assessment. Afterwards we filled out some paperwork on commitments and availability. Lastly we were taken for individual interviews. All in all it was a good interview process.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

There was first a group interview, with roughly around 5 people in each group where we worked through a case study, we then were interviewed individually one to one. Where we were asked more competency based questions

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

So I first had to apply online through the jlp website. This included uploading my CV and answering all of the basic personal questions .
    Then once you get through, you’re invited for an interview at the branch. They contacted me for this only 1 day after. I expected it to be a group interview as other posts had said. But I arrived and was told it was a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and line manager. It cosisted of two parts. The first part in involved andwering any questions they had based on the job. They also gave me scenarios, then asked me following questions based on my amswers. This was tough as they wanted quick answers, but of course good ones. This part lasted about an hour.
    Then the second part involved completing a written test based on the suitability of products to certain customers. This lasted 25 minutes. You then have to discuss your answers with the interviwers when they came back. I didn’t finish the test but of course they put me on the spot asking me what I would have put for them. The questions are not hard at all. You just need to understand people’s dietary requirements and about the different types of food in general (e.g sweet or savoury). Then thats the end of the interview. Overall time took about an hour and a half. The interviewers were nice, but be prepared to answer lots of questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Iohn Lewis Partnership?   Answer Question
    • How do you react in certain situations that are difficult?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared to work overtime?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you were confronted by an angry customer and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.