John Lewis & Partners Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.8

Temporary Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

I applied online and after 3 weeks was invited for an interview in person. You had to entre through the personal door and was taken to the interview room. We were split into two groups and asked to make a presentation on an item to sell. After that we were interviewed individually and asked about our shedules.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

First sent in an online form with personal details. Followed by short test online with multiple choice questions. Observed group exercise on interview day and then short individual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

A group interview, with groups split apart and were given different scenarios that had to be discussed between the groups. You then discuss and share what you think the best thing for that scenario would be.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in wanting an item that is out of stock in the warehouse and they want the present before christmas. However the area you're working in is very untidy and you notice there are other customers that need your help, what would you do.   Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

I interviewed at John Lewis Trafford Centre. The assessment centre was very short and involved a group task (prioritising the days tasks) and an individual written assignment. All in all it took about an hour. There was no one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How to help a customer select an outfit? (Q1 of written assignment)   Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

I completed and passed the online assessments, before being asked to attend a group interview in store. The group interview entailed being split into smaller groups to discuss our ideas on how to prioritise a set of tasks/scenarios which were occurring in store. This was then followed with an individual task, involving writing answers to three scenario questions. Very formal interview process, with multiple accessors. Received no job offer, however was placed in 'candidate bank profile'.

Interview Questions

• How would you secure a sale in John Lewis and prevent someone from buying at a competitor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Peterborough, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Did an online questionnaire and then was asked to attend an assessment day. You had to pick a slot out of around two weeks given. Excellent process as for a lot of people it is hard to get the time off otherwise.

Interview Questions

• No one on one interviews. Arrived and you were placed in groups of 5 and as a group you needed to decide an action plan to the scenarios given. Then you needed to complete 20min individual assessment which had three questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.