John Lewis & Partners Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Had to fill in a screening online which was pretty straightforward, the interview was alright, was put in a group with other people and had to discuss what makes good customer service and things like that. Then was put in a 1-1 with one of the interviewers where they asked basic interview questions

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to describe a product to someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Welwyn Garden City, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The first stage was two online situational judgement tests followed by some general online application questions asking about experience and motives.

I was contacted by email and asked to attend a group assessment interview. The group interview was fairly straightforward, we were put into groups of 4 or 5 and asked to complete a prioritization task. The member of staff on our table was inattentive and spent most of the task on her phone.

The second part of the group interview was a short three question written test on how you would deal with situations on the work floor.

Finally we were asked to fill in a form detailing the hours we were willing to work.

I was contacted by email 4 hours after the interview and told I had got the job. However when the offer came through on the website, I saw I had been offered a catering role as opposed to the customer service role I applied and interviewed for. After consideration I decided to take a job elsewhere in a customer sales position.

Interview Questions

• A customer is interested in purchasing a new Coffee Machine and together you have identified a product that fulfills her requirements. How would you ensure that the customer purchases the product from John Lewis and not a rival store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England).

Interview

I applied and was invited to attend a group assessment morning. I was there for 2 hrs. There were 6 tables full of 6 to 8 people. Once there we asked to talk about ourselves. Then we had to describe our favourite item and why but no phones or tablets allowed.
    Then each table were given a list of two customers and what they wanted along with a booklet of furniture we had. We had to look at the requirements of 2 customers and work out which product was best (None of the products were perfect match) within a time limit and then sell it to the person assessing us at the table. We were also given lots of information about john lewis.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your favourite item (you weren't allowed to say certain objects such as mobiles)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England) in July 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process involved about fifty job applicants divided into groups of around six who were then given a role playing activity to work on as a group. Everyone in the group was then graded on their participation. There were a couple of individual written questions also. After every assignment you were graded individually by a different John Lewis employee, who could not have looked more disinterested if they tried.

Interview Questions

• No one on one time at all. Everything was done with your own group of about six people. The only question that was asked one on one verbally was "pick something you're passionate about and sell it to me" but you were still in the group. I hate these type of interviews as they are basically just a numbers game for the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Online competency questions followed by a face to face interview as well as a group interview, which involved being given a task and having to work as a group to solve a problem. Hiring criteria were lenient though. Overall good hiring process, just be presentable and confident. No need necessarily for prior experience.

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Milton Keynes, England) in August 2011.

Interview

I initially applied online, it was a normal online application with small sections for answers about 50 - 100 words long. Just search for the answers online for guidance. There was only one grop interview after with about 25 people. We met some current sales assistants and mostly managers, they gave a small presentation and asked a few questions then told us to work in groups and present a small brainstorming session. finally a small one-in-one that lasted about 2 minutes where they just asked me about my eligibility to work.

I was just extra polite (asked the person behind me if they could see or wanted me to move) and tried not to talk over anyone, they just look for good people who aren't too scared to talk.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you had to handle an angry customer, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.