John Lewis & Partners Retail Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Retail Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.7

Retail Assistant Interview

Interview

Group Interview, 2 Tasks. In the group interview 5 customer scenarios are given, the group works our best response to these. Individual task, written answers given to a 5 part scenario involving customers and colleagues (partners).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

It was a group assessment and we were divided into two groups of 4. We were given 5 scenarios and had to discuss how we would deal with them as a group. Then we were given 4 scenarios to write the answers to individually.

Interview Questions

• One scenario was a customer comes in wanting to buy a gift for the parents but doesn't know whether to buy joint or individual gifts.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2020.

Interview

Written test based on typical situations you would be faced with on the job (e.g. what do you do when a customer enters your department, what would you do if you notice an item is out of stock) and a group task based on how you would deal with customers (e.g. the customer is upset an item they wanted has sold out, what do you do?)

Interview Questions

• You notice a customer enter your department - what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Horsham, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Group discussion consisting of myself and 3 other candidates. Mostly discussing scenario based questions e.g. how to help a customer buy a gift for their friend. Lasted about 10 mins. Then followed by a 15 minute written assessment consisting of similar scenario based questions. There wasn't a formal one-to-one interview at any point.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based: Should I buy my parents a joint Christmas gift or give them individual ones?   1 Answer

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2020.

Interview

Online assessment, then group assessment. Split into 20 mins 1on1 interview then 30 mins in a group scenario to read through 5 scenarios and discuss them as a group while being assessed. At the end the assessors asked us a few questions for 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge you undertook in your professional or personal life and what motivated you to do it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Chelmsford, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Lengthy online questionnaire with lots of different situations you might face and four choices of answer to choose from. Then notified by email that I'd been called to interview.
     This was followed by a fairly short face to face interview and then a I was put into a group assessment where we had to come up with ideas together on a series of questions. This process was watched by three assessors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leicester, England) in July 2014.

Interview

After passing an online assessment (where you receive feedback fairly promptly), and completing the application form (which I took about 3 weeks to hear back from), I was offered a choice of times for an assessment centre, held in the offices of the Leicester Highcross store.
    Although I had been primed for team-based tasks, in practice there was only one other person there on the day. After introductions, we had to complete a task where we had to match a product to a hypothetical customer, and then if I recall correctly we had to 'sell' a particular item.
    This was followed by separate solo interviews, with the same person. These weren't really unique.
     My memory is somewhat hazy, but I recall the entire assessment centre taking less than the 2 hours I was warned to allot.
    During the process I recall there being one interviewer, with someone else there taking notes.
    My interview date was July 1st, and it took until August 7th for me to hear back.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.