John Lewis & Partners Seasonal Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Seasonal Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (York, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Group interview - introduce yourself by telling one fun fact about yourself - given a piece of paper with 5 retail scenario based questions e.g. someone is wanting to find a joint gift for their mum and dad and you have to write down answers as to how you would respond in these scenarios - given 10 minutes to do this then you have to shout your answers out to the group and this is where you compete against the other people in the interview - Then you are given some more questions and this time its like an exam where you have to write down in silence how you would respond and again this is timed and they take this away to read for themelves - chat at the end about any questions

Interview Questions

• A customer walks into the shop and starts looking at things, how would you introduce yourself to the customer?   Answer Question
  • A customer has come in looking for items for a special occasion, how would you help the customer?   Answer Question
  • A customer complains that an item they are looking for is not instore and it says online that it is, how would you deal with the customer?   Answer Question
  • A customer cannot find an item they want instore and complain that the store is untidy, how do you respond to the customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Solihull, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Several tests needed to be completed. These were more lengthy than I anticipated. They were the typical scenario based questions. I was then invited to a group 'assessment centre'.

Interview Questions

• We were given a scenario we may face in store such as customer complaints and dealing with multiple requests at once whilst being understaffed. We were split into three groups and each group had an assessor. Then had to do an individual task where we had to deal with three different scenarios and how we would respond to them.   Answer Question

John Lewis & Partners Response

14 Jan 2019 – Social Media Executive

Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear that you found the testing longer than anticipated. We will take this feedback forward to ensure we are clear upfront on how long candidates will need to consider when taking the tests.

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Solihull, England) in October 2018.

Interview

After taking various online tests I was invited to a group interview.
    The interview process was very enjoyable and relaxed! All the partners were very friendly and professional! There was around 20 Applicants and we all were split into groups to work on a team task and then followed by an individual task. Each table had an allocated assessor to watch and score us on our performance.

The team task included ranking a set of scenarios in a list of what we would prioritise first to last and talking about the risks and jobs involved to do this.
    After this there was a written individual task with more scenario questions to answer.

I had never been to a group interview and was very nervous it would be very difficult but in actual fact it was great! Everyone at John Lewis are very polite and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have and you don't feel pressured!

The main thing to focus on is working is a team and getting involved!!
    By far the best interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• A customer has come to collect their order of a dinner plate set after waiting 3 weeks. You have gone to collect the customers order and realise that the dinner plate set is broken. You know this is a popular set and that it is currently out of stock in store and online. What do you do?   1 Answer

John Lewis & Partners Response

18 Oct 2018 – John Lewis

What a great review to read! Thank you for taking the time to write this and for the detail you provided. Interviews are nerve wracking and it is good to hear that you found the support from the John Lewis Partners to really help you. Your advice about focusing on working as a team and getting involved is spot on and your enthusiasm is evident. Congratulations on your new role and I am sure you will be a real asset to the Partnership.

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Bristol, England) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Online Assessment (2hrs approx)
    2. Passed, got an invite to an group interview in a weeks time
    3. Split up into small groups of four, and had to discuss (20mins) how you would priorities a set of tasks give (rude customer, broken items, spillages, stock)
    4.Then independently you fill out a sheet, you needed to pick the ideal products to suite a customers needs (20mins)
    5. Lastly fill out a form for which days/times you can do

Overall took around an hour and half, really friendly and positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Which hours can you do?
      How do you priorities your tasks?
      How would you attract customers and maximise sales?
      Which product is best for the customer and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely busy days, if you can't stand a day of running around the store completing tasks, I would decline.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Liverpool, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Application process included situational judgement tests and typical questions such as why do you want to work for John Lewis. Once successful, booked onto an assessment day.

The interview was a group assessment, split into 2 groups of 5 and given potential situations that may occur. You had to order these tasks as to how you would handle them and why. The 2nd task was an individual task where you had to decide which item would be best for a client from their needs.

Overall I found the process very simple and not stressful despite there being 15 minute deadlines for each task.
    I had my interview on the 26th and received an offer on the 30th.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

4 Managers conduct the interview.They put me in a group of 5 other people and they give you a task of how would you sort out a certain issue.The task isn't easy and 2 of the managers take notes of everything each of the group member might say.Not that nice as some of the guy start saying his opinions and the others didn't had much time to say anything and then everybody start talking at the same time.Then they give you a task sheet on your own and you have 20 mins to complete it and it isn't easy.Then you have a very short interview with 2 of the managers which all they asked is about the task they gave you in that sheet and why you made some of the choices in there.

Interview Questions

• Why did you picked certain elements in your task sheet
      What hours and days are you available
      What size are you wearing (for future clothing you might need if they chose you to work for them)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.