John Lewis & Partners Selling Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

John Lewis & Partners Selling Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Lewis & Partners

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Ipswich, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Long. I initially applied for the job nearly 3 weeks before the video interview took place. Then I got several repeated emails about what to do and what to expect during the interview. The interview itself lasted over 1 hour and 30 minutes. The questions were long and repetitive and even though my interviewer was a nice enough lady, it all just seemed over the top for a retail job. It felt like I was auditioning to be the queens guard rather than work in a shop. I was told that I had performed very well and that there would be three outcomes. A job offer, a no, or they would put you on a list in case something comes up in future. My interviewer insisted that whatever the outcome, I would receive a phone call no matter what. A week and a half later I received an email saying I would be put on a list for future job offers. I declined to be part of the list as it really has been a long, drawn out process and I would rather have a solid answer of yes or no. I would recommend to everyone that applies here to be applying for several other jobs at the same time and not just hold out hope for this one as there is a big delay between applying and being told the outcome. I have actually previously had a more positive experience in actually being turned down for a job than I had here. I feel it is too much faffing around.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer simply stated that she was going away and needed something.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (London, England).

Interview

We were placed on tables with around 7 people. We then had to complete tasks with each other with a member of staff on each table watch over. We filled out some paperwork and then had a one to one interview with management

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

You'll start off with an one to one interview with one of the partners. This should last for roughly 20 to 30 mins. After that, you will be put in a room with other applicants to complete a group exercise where you tackle potential scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly revolved around yourself, how you are as a person, interests, activities. One question was how you overcame a problem in your life, and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Interview

A group role play section detailing different scenarios where you as a group were observed by an assessor. This was then followed by a one to one interview lasting maybe 20 minutes. Wasn't too long overall.

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in October 2019.

Interview

Group interview, slit into tables of around 8 people. Before you start, the people interviewing are watching you so make sure you are chatty and introduce yourself to the others on your table. Given different scenarios which we had to discuss and prioritise tasks.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

I had to do 2 or 3 hours of online quizzes to be considered for an interview (which is far too long for simple retail job), and was sent about 7 or 8 emails; the final one of which invited me to interview a week later. The interview was with 20-30 other candidates, and they split us into groups to work on solving hypothetical scenarios involving customers. We then filled out sheets on our availability, and then finally filled out a solo sheet on what we would do in a hypothetical situation involving a customer with a specific request. The whole interview process was 2 hours. I received an offer for the bare minimum number of hours I would've liked to work, for nearly minimum wage. Absolutely not worth the hassle I went through for a month or so of seasonal work.

Interview Questions

• They gave hypothetical scenarios relating to customers to our group, and we had to think about what questions we'd ask the customers, what we can offer them, and what we think the customer is after.   1 Answer
    • We filled out a sheet by ourselves with a hypothetical scenario involving a customer, asking us what we would ask, say, or do in responding to the customer's request.   1 Answer

I wanted a full time position, and was not given the option. The whole process was also not worth it for a temporary position, and I was considering declining anyway.

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

3 competency questions and 1 technical question about the role.
    Interview was with 2 people, one of which was my line manager. Questions were relatively easy, little prep is needed to excel

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to an interview and chose my slot. Interview felt relaxed, everyone was really nice. First one was a group interview where we split into 3 groups and had a discussion abou a store based problem that was listened to by assessors. Then we had a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something hasn't gone to plan and how did you fix this   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've brought change in a company   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in July 2019.

Interview

I came across the job advert on a job board, it took around 2 hours to complete the application process. The process included various competency tests such as situational questions to make sure you fit the company’s ethos.

After 3/4 days, I found I had passed the initial application and was asked to attend a group assessment within the following fortnight. There were 10 people in total and 4 assessors. To begin, 5 of us had our initial 1-1 interview straight away, the following 5 had theirs after the group assessment. This was straightforward and included a simple role play scenario. After the 1-1 interview, the group assessment commenced, it was a basic scenario of unhappy customers and how we would deal with this. We did not need to present our feedback as an assessor was sitting with us, note taking.

A few days after assessment, we find out the outcome via email.

Selling Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

online application form, situational judgement test, in person assessment centre with around 20 other people. Within the assessment centre we were asked to discuss questions in a team with an interviewer guiding the discussion.

Interview Questions

• You have a long list of urgent tasks to complete when your manager approaches you and asks you to work on something else which will take around an hour of your time, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.