Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The interview process was thorough. I went through several rounds of talking with people related directly to the job. I spoke with soon to be supervisor, teammates and recruiter.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

It was over telegram. It was about 20 minutes in total. I got the job but declined it for another offer that I found out was fake anyway. I started the interview immediately after I got the invite for it.

Interview Questions

• What type of jobs have you had?   1 Answer

Industrial Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hattiesburg, MS (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview went well, fairly casual but still professional. We talked over the pre employment test and the general type of work done at the plant. Everyone was very nice and it went very well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history in the field.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I had a 30 min phone call with recruiter interested in background related to the role applied for. Recruiter also provided background on company and what the position entails.

Not Even Sure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Interview

I was contacted via Linkedin by a recruiter. I promptly responded with in 10 mins with availability to connect. NOTHING back. Then about 6 weeks later same lady asked me to chat about a job I was interested in. I didn’t apply for any so I had no idea. She at least replied this time with a job description and again asked for times to connect. And again NOTHING. What has happened to this company? Why go out of your way to connect with me and ask for availability to connect and then not answer?

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, received an email2-3 weeks later asking me to complete a video interview recording myself answering 5 or 6 questions. Submitted the video interview and about one month later received an email saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a time you had to think creatively to overcome a challenge/achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The interview process was easy and the people were nice. I did not feel unprepared and the questions were relatively easy and straight forward. The process was also quick. The managers were sitting around the table and wasn't as formal. More of a discussion.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to come up with a quick resolution on a problem.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2020.

Interview

Applied for the position online (located in Milwaukee, WI). Got an email response a few days later requesting a recorded virtual interview. After virtual interview was completed, I was contacted by a recruiter named Shanon Vuckovic who I had a 30-minute conversation with and was advised I would be passed off to corporate HR and should anticipate scheduling an in-person interview within the next following week. Wound up not hearing from anyone from the company for a week so I followed up with the recruiter via email. Never received a response or clarification regarding the position. The job position is still posted on their website as ‘open’. Disappointing recruitment process- wish Johnson Controls recruiters would be more forthright.

Control Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

They setup a brief 20 to 30 min phone interview. The interviewer asked you questions about your work
    History. Have a copy of your resume available. This will help you give the dates of the jobs that he will need to verify your job history.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Rochester, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had an HR recruiter phone screening, a phone interview with two managers and finally an in person meeting to see if I was a fit for the team. Between the phone interview and the site visit was almost 2 months and numerous emails telling me they were still deciding, only to find out i was the only external candidate. In the end I met the team and even discussed salary, but with no further emails or explanation, just a generic email from HR that they were moving forward with another candidate and I now see the position posted again on their career site.

Interview Questions

• typical STAR questions/scenario questions, as well as informal questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.