Jones Day Vacation Scheme Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jones Day Vacation Scheme Interview Questions

Interviews at Jones Day

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Imagine going through the struggle of getting a vacation scheme interview, preparing for months, being asked some quite odd questions, getting rejected (which is fair enough)

... then being told they won't be offering feedback at all. Although interviewers took notes throughout the interview. Pitiful.

Jones Day DO NOT CARE about the applicant, you are just a number. Also if you are BAME or from any sort of first person to go to university/ non - Russell Group etc... don't bother as they probably won't want you, their type is Oxbridge and caucasian.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jones Day

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England).

Interview

Generally positive. Asked the obvious questions about why law, why them and why you. Then delved into my CV and challenged me on my explanations of my experience. Ultimately if you have the skills and intelligence evident on your CV, they are looking to see commitment to law and Jones Day specifically. Your experience and explanations for why you aren't doing Investment Banking, for example, and have chosen to apply there must all add up to a coherent story.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jones Day in January 2019.

Interview

They asked about my application, to talk about a recent article I had read, and what other careers I would consider.

Overall the partners were quite lovely and it was more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• If the legal sector was abolished, what career would you pursue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The vacation scheme interview is one stage, which is a partner interview with two lawyers. The interview itself is very conversational and focused on you as a person. They asked general questions about why law, then asked some commercial questions about how I'd deal with particular business scenarios, then asked questions about me as a person.

Interview Questions

• If you were in government, would you raise taxes on online retailers?   1 Answer

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interview

Refreshingly straightforward compared to other law firms, more of a friendly chat about motivations - no questions about commercial awareness for example. Also no tests or situational judgment questions, just one interview. This may have just been my experience, online others have had more conventional law firm interviews.

Vacation Scheme Interview

Interview

It is a fairly simple process - you apply online, providing basic details and and cover letter-style questions. If you get through that you have an interview with two partners. It was fairly relaxed - perhaps that put me off guard - though they do ask some fairly in-depth questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Very friendly partners. Good cop bad cop. Overall an enjoyable experience - lunch with one of the associates after the interview who answered my questions. Everyone tried to put you at ease and it was more enjoyable than most other interviews I have had in the past

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was supposed to be an interview with two partners. However, a partner and an associate showed up instead. They started with some competency questions and then moved on to some more legally focused questions and others about their culture and the non-rotating TC.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Short application process. Cover letter and work experience.

Interview was relatively informal and focused on getting to know you personally.

My advice: be yourself, they will know if you are lying, and you will inevitably make yourself look stupid if you try to con your way.

Also, be honest with yourself. Jones Day is unique when it comes to training lawyers and practising law - it isn't for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jones Day (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple process- cover letter and CV. Followed by interview with partners- was completely personal questions and a few competency. Asked a few curved ball questions- overall was a good experience but still very competitive

Interview Questions

• interview with partners- was completely personal questions and a few competency.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.