Find jobs for ECommerce Manager

Joy ECommerce Manager Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 49 interviews

Interviews at Joy

Negative100%
Applied online100%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Joy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joy (London, England, England)

Interview

Awful, totally unprofessional. First impressions upon arriving was that it was a pretty miserable place, the reception staff were not friendly and quite frankly seemed tense and unhappy. The interview was with the CEO and he seemed completely unprepared and didn't seem to understand or even know what the role was. He was extremely rude and unprofessional, he answered four calls during our 35 minute meeting, he called staff into his office to yell at them on a number of occasions, he spoke over me constantly, he didn't ask me a single question about my experience but told me that I was not a specialist in anything (I've 10 years ecommerce experience) and that my last employer was paying me too much. In addition he didn't even offer or give me the chance to ask any questions about the role or the company. Questions he did ask me were who my husband was, how long had we been together and where was he from. I mentioned I had also interviewed somewhere else, as he had asked, but I could not say where and he proceeded to rant at me about only employing people he could trust (surely you would trust the person who respects the NDA they had signed), also he told me that what he wanted most from someone for this role was that they bring a "little black book" of suppliers that he can use. In addition to all the incoherent rambling and inappropriate questions, he also ranted about politics and wanted me to reveal detailed business processes from my previous role. I should have left within the first 15 minutes but I didn't, however as soon as I left I withdrew myself from the process. HR didn't even bother to follow up to find out why, I assume this happens quite often.

Interview Questions
  • How long have you been married?
    Answer Question
  • Where is your husband from?
  • How could your previous manager afford to pay you?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Joy (London, England, England)

Interview

More of an interrogation, psychoanalysis, thinking they're incredibly clever and have you all worked out. Very inappropriate topics brought up for a first interview. They will take anyone on - they want to extract any information they can, bring you in on a "trial" basis - unpaid of course. They'll often bring people on while someone is in that role and has no idea about the new employee - in my role there were 3 of us at one point, doing the same thing. There had been 5 people in my role in the last year - external suppliers laughed at how many people they dealt with. The attrition is due to the horrible working conditions.

Interview Questions
  • Do you own your own home? What is your mortgage? This is to work out the minimum they can get away with paying you.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Joy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joy in Jan 2015

Interview

Unfortunately, it was very unprofessional. I felt like they wasted my time as they were clearly not interested in someone with a non-retail background. The gentleman's manners were off-putting. I don't expect formal proceedings from a small company, but they could have at least been nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed