Jump Trading Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jump Trading Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

Interviews at Jump Trading

3.4

Quantitative Researcher () Interview

Interview

on campus interview followed by on-site interview. mostly stats, math, algorithms and programming, plus a behavioral interview. people were generally friendly and open to questions. the process was efficient and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• some whiteboard coding, some probability and tricky math problems   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Jump Trading

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading in October 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application through my university. Got an on-campus interview a month later. When I arrived, I was told that my interviewer was still busy, so they assigned two random interviewers who were just hanging around to interview me. They didn't have a copy of my resume and so knew nothing about my background. Both interviewers were non-native English speakers, so I had a lot of trouble understanding what they wanted me to do. I spent almost half of my time asking clarifying questions. Got the standard rejection letter a week later.

Interview Questions

• Run one iteration of bubble sort. What's the probability that the array is now sorted?   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

Asked one probability question, one Programming on finding the number if zeros in an array, and one Linear Algebra about finding a vector that has the same angle with some vectors.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading in October 2015.

Interview

Met through campus and interviewed on campus. It consisted of an long set of questions that one tries to get through in the allotted time. Most of them weren't too difficult, but it seemed that the interviewer wanted to see certain kinds of answers rather than something that you come up with.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

I applied through campus, first have a 45 mins oncampus interview. After passed through it, I was invited to Chicago for an onsite interview. All the technical questions were not difficult. I think all are at undergraduate level. I solved all the technical questions. They also asked some behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England).

Interview

Phone chat with internal recruiter. cv and motivation and lots of really useful details about company and role.

VC quant interview with hard questions.

Really engaging take home programming challenge. I spent about two days worth of time on this. It was quite self contained (no real data or anything like that) but still open enough that you could approach it in lots of different ways.

Onsite with 1.5 hour quant interview (mostly high level discussion of how to approach different ml/data science problems that they have), 30min talk about my research, 30min interview with london boss, 1 hour programming interview (whiteboard and discussion of my solution to the programming challenge).

I was called back to a second onsite to interview directly for two of the trading teams. Total of 6 more interviews, a mix of more standard quant questions, high level ml and coding.

The office is amazing and a really informal environment. They made me a great offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Coin game with Bayesian inference, how to approach different ML and optimisation problems.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Interview

The interview lasted 45 minutes and comprised questions from various areas, including data science, probability, algorithms and data structures. The interviewer also asked me to briefly explain some parts of my CV.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers, find all triples of elements (a, b, c) such that a + b = c.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. Probably the best HR team I have encountered so far. Make sure that you apply as early as possible or get in touch with the recruiters as the applications close at some point. There is one on-campus round and a day of onsite interviews. Interviewers ranged from new grad to senior people and they were all very polite and helpful. The questions are challenging and unique but very fun. They have very nice offices too. I would recommend this company to all top tier maths/physics/cs students with little/no finance experience who want to get into quant trading/research.

Interview Questions

• Questions were: brain teasers, combinatorics, probability, statistics and programming. Focused more on the thought process than repeating existing methods and techniques.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Campus (Philippines)).

Interview

The interviewers were friendly and tried their best to guide you to the answer. The majority part of the interview questions was just basic stats/ programming principles in disguise. Overall a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

One of the firm's internal recruiter sent me the invitation. We had a coffee before starting the interview process. The whole process consists of an on-campus interview, and an on-site day at their London office. The questions were well crafted, in the purpose of evaluating the candidates' knowledge and thinking process. The interviewers were very nice and good to talk with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.