Jump Trading Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Jump Trading Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Jump Trading

1.0

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Champaign, IL (US)).

Interview

The Interview process started with an online coding round. It followed with a telephonic round which was mostly a discussion about the questions in the coding round and how I solved them.

I was called for on-site interviews at the Champaign office. There were 3 interviews and 2 of my interviews started off and focussed entirely on their grid infrastructure team, improving backend systems runtime and improving the performance of the data analytics solution.

In both these interviews after 15-20 minutes, the interviewers discussed current problems that they were facing and I was proposing solutions to the problems. If not solutions, I mentioned the right areas to look for problems where certain optimizations could be done. The 3rd interview covered some C++ questions, unix-usage commands, fixing memory issues in C/C++ etc, my projects.

At the end of the 3 interviews, the recruiter said that the team was impressed by my skills and they were looking for people with those specific skill. The next day, I was called to meet in person for follow-up where I was told that I was not selected. That was outrageously bad. If I was not selected, why didn't they just send an email or a phone-call.

I liked the work that the interviewers talked about and would like to apply again. I felt bad that I was not selected, but the worst thing was I was called in-person to hear that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Some easy C++ questions are - diamond inheritance, virtual destructors etc.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Jump Trading

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jump Trading (Champaign, IL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by code challenge, and then onsite three rounds.

This company is horrible for technical roles. For a summer intern first they took so many interviews but anyway this is upto company. Despite interviewing all rounds they said that results will be announced the very next day. My interviews went excellent and I could see interviewer write 5/5 or 4/5 for all questions I answered. The next I got a call saying that they want to discuss about the position. It was -17 deg c in Champaign and they invited to Starbucks and told me that I did exceptionally well but can not offer position because project requirement does not match. I was like seriously? You couldn't figure that out from the CV! and what is this way of inviting people in freezing cold and telling that they can't offer position. Also, they said they invited because they want feedback on the interview process.

I felt insulted and this is just horrible. Do no waste your time by interviewing with this company, specially you are from reputed school like mine.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy. I was definitely more knowledgable than recruiter.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.