Kühne + Nagel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kühne + Nagel Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jul 2018

2.7

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2008.

Interview

Online application and 1 on 1 interview with direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interesting. Many details wanted. Open. One of the most thorough interviews that I have had. I could understand the interviewer. Clear English spoken by the interview. Over all a lot of details were wanted. Kept pushing for more details.

Interview Questions

• Description of what you've done for each position held.   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naugatuck, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Naugatuck, CT (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks from phone response to actual interview. I dealt with their internal staff / HR then progressed to in person interview.
    Firstly, this place looks like a tomb / crypt. Old 1970's type concrete building with parking in the rear. Then you struggle to find the entrance. Upon entering it felt really quiet with a very low key energy that felt quite frankly fearful. The employee who let me in quietly led me to the interviewers office and I observed all doors were shut. The conference room was tucked way in the corner of the building and dark.

The interviewer was not only late, but the developer who assisted in getting settled was obviously uncomfortable at the arrival of my interviewer. The interview went into "gotchya" type questions and it was clear the guy interviewing was recently flown in from Europe and still trying to understand the cultural dynamics. During the interview, he took a call, in addition to verbally giving one of the developers a dressing down....right in front of me. This was a turn off....especially for a Senior Director.
    The interview experience was simply not pleasant and it appeared the interviewer was more interested in demonstrating his command status than anything else.

Interview Questions

• Do you know X software and how we use it to do Y?
      Write me sample java code for XYZ, then proceeded to showboat his coding skills and how I may have seen code but not actually used code...which had no bearing on the position itself.   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Waterbury, CT (US)).

Interview

I applied online and recieved a call within the week from HR. They accomidated my schedule and I interviewed the following week with the Sr. Director within IT. I found the environment a bit older but the technology looked great. The people were all vey nice as I was given a tour of the facility. The interviewer was very pleasant and made me feel at ease taking the time to really understand what I was looking for in a career and answered all my questions.

HR called 4 days later and scheduled a second interview. I was then interviewed by the Sr. Director as well as his boss and I saw a good relationship between them. They were both very honest about the role and expectations. The overall experience interviewing was very pleasant and I left feeling excited about the possibility of a career that I could leverage my skills and grow as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with specific software. I was honest and stated I did not have experience in one they mentioned but the rest I did. They stated they believed I would be able to pick it up quickly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Jamaica, NY (US)).

Interview

Met two managers of the department, short and direct interview. They needed someone who knew a bit about logistics and supply chain. Was hired within a week. The managers showed me about the office and had a general idea before the interview that I was to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Give a bit of an idea about your education and resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred from somebody of the company for the intern position.Someone from HR approach me by email and we set up the first day of interview. They were very nice and polite with me. Unfortunately I wasn't on the country I planned to work, so the interview needed to be by skype. After a few day of no response, I contacted the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• As for the position of an intern, and of course still studying, some of the questions were focused on daily activity and skill with programs. I was asked how i would perform some actions on one of the programs i was not well prepared for usage.   Answer Question

Import Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel.

Interview

Very easy. Great questions--the interview wasn't too long at all..was hired within two weeks. The drug test was quick the background check easy. Starting date set good. Very good company to interview with and so far work for.

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel (Glen Burnie, MD (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

They only get new people through temp agency.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel.

Interview

Pretty unprofessional. Prior to being asked to interview, it was hard to keep in touch with the company, and things only moved forward as a result of my follow ups. Informal, seemed disorganized and lacking in substance. Interviewer was very friendly and we hit it off very well once we got started. Having an inside source, I found out I was the only outside person to interview for the role since it was posted. After my interview, it took a month for him to tell me I didn't advance...but to keep in touch for the next opening. Next step would be another interview, and then a presentation to key internal players in the vertical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & how do you see yourself in 5 years. Typical sales #s questions, etc.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kühne + Nagel.

Interview

It was very informal, I got interviewed by 3 people, very easy to talk. I have to say that they do not have a stablished process, so I do not know if this comments will apply to everybody, it depends I guess who will be your boss.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.