Kainos Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kainos Technical Architect Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via a friend referral who works as a senior solution designer for a reputed telecommunications company. Invited for 1 hour F2F interview with the hiring manager at the London office to evaluate my interpersonal skills. Travelled to their Reading office for 1 hr F2F interview with one of the Technical Architect. Invited for 1 hr F2F interview with the CTO digital which took an extreme technical bent. Recruitment agent was polite, and was very helpful throughout the process. The hiring manager had faith in my talent, and really wanted to see me part of this great team. Technical architect was a polite person, and was really impressed with my technical and situation handling capabilities. CTO had very high expectations and was interested to assess my technical capabilities, and asked me to draw designs from previous project. Also, he seemed to be extremely busy screening candidates, and did not smile not even once throughout an hour long screening. A week later the hiring manager personally called me to share constructive feedback, and wished me good luck. The CTO was looking for a full stack technical architect whereas my expertise is on backend technologies, and I believe this was not clear to the agency until the CTO rejected my application at the final round. It was a great experience all together except the smile, as I believe a smile goes a long way. A very good team, and their recruitment process seems to enable them build the right team for the challenging greenfield projects that they are dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, technology evaluation strategy, scenario handling, design from previous project.   1 Answer

Kainos Response

13 Mar 2015 – Managing Director

Thanks a lot for posting this feedback. It made me smile, which is clearly more than my colleague did during the interview process! And I agree, a smile is little to ask for, and great to receive... More

Other Interview Reviews for Kainos

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kainos (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter when I had applied for a different job, and he suggested that Kainos might be interested - there was no advertised role. First there was a half hour technical phone screening, followed by a face to face interview with one technical person and one manager that lasted about an hour. There were not tests, and no presentation - it was just a standard Q&A / discussion. The technical content of the face to face was minimal, they were more looking for adaptable people who would be good in front of the customer than specific skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer meeting where the customer is objecting to the proposed solution from a technical perspective when you know the solution is the right one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in January 2017.

Interview

1 hour interview, relatively informal, focusing on range of skills sets from handling team dynamics, managed workflows, performing design and code reviews, discussing non functional requirements from customers and architecture designs. I also had to go into detail on the technical architecture of an application I had worked on and respond to feedback and questions

The questions were in general quite straightforward in nature, with some challenging ones thrown in, but the general vibe was a friendly one with no attempts to trip you up or push you down the wrong direction. The interviewers were polite and listened well.

The initial application/interview took place within a few days of each other, however, post interview there has been no feedback at all, neither summary or detailed. This is still the case nearly 4 weeks later despite reaching out directly to the recruitment department since the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a team colleague who was struggling with their work?
      Explain a recent application you worked on.
      How would you challenge NFRs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Kainos approached this a unique way (at least I thought it was unique)...they invited potential employees for a meet and greet, with drinks and nibbles. This then led to a formal interview and a job offer...awesome.

Interview Questions

• Use the White Board to describe a project that you worked on.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.