Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Tiered interview that is streamlined. This particular interview was done for a new opening and it was a smooth and easy process. All of the interviewing stag seemed happy to be there’s despite being there for 4 days interviewing for positions.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I dropped in on the open interview day (Monday). Had a quick interview with the dining room manager. I was scheduled for a second interview with the lunch manager on Thursday. The next Monday I was called and offered the job.

It’s important to be yourself. Each manager has their own hiring criteria but most Keg managers care about your personality and work ethic. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2018.

Interview

I had three interviews that took place over one week - the first with the dining manager, second with the bar manager and third with the GM. All three asked why I wanted to work at the Keg so have that answer ready! The longest one lasted about 15 minutes and all had pretty standard questions, no curve balls. Be well presented and confident and you won't have any trouble.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Keg?   1 Answer
    • If I called your last employers, what would they tell me are your best qualities?   1 Answer
    • What does great hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and sent in a had written application and was contacted by the Human Resources manager at the Ottawa - York St. Keg restaurant and was asked to come in for an interview. I went in and asked to speak with a manager, they were very friendly but seemed surprised when I came - it was like they didn't know they were hiring. They asked a lot of questions about my communications with the HR personal and it appeared they had not received any communication between HR and the GM. One of the managers came back out and immediately asked if I spoke french and followed with you need to be bilingual here - if you don't speak french you can't work here. I was very caught off guard as there was no indication in the application or communications with HR that indicated this was a bilingual position. Ottawa very much does have a double-standard when it comes to french and English. The manager asked me a question in french and I was only able to understand a small portion (not being bilingual) and because of that the manager concluded the 'interview' at that point and -for lack of better words - showed me the door. Overall, it was a negative interview process which was surprising as I had read many positive reviews online.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak french and are you bilingual?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Walked in to apply, filled out application with resume and waited to meet with the brilliant GM, and head chef. Interviewed with her for about 15 minutes, then met the head chef/ FOH manager, and then interviews again with the GM. Then they came back and kindly offered me an amazing position as a server. The interview was in my opinion the most challenging one I’ve had in all my interviews, but it was so thought provoking and in depth questions skit who you are and what you can offer. I felt really respected, geared and listened to the whole time and they were so welcoming and positive. I was shaking with happiness when they offered me the job. The energy and name and rep they have is why they are wanting some of the best staff. They want us to be great and they are willing to take the time to do that, which I appreciate. 10/10 would recommend if you’re seeking a fun challenge.

Interview Questions

• Are you and order maker/ taker? Who are you? What can you bring to the restaurant that others can’t?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Host, manager, me and then another manager. Start date, schedule, start work, make money and 40% off. I think you should be confident, calm and composed. The rest is pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at the Keg?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

You sit down with the manager of the restaurant, they ask about yourself, why you want to work for the keg, they ask what your previous employers would tell them about yourself, you strengths and weaknesses as an employee, if you have any questions for them, they ask what a hostess is supposed to do and what your availability is.

Interview Questions

• what is the role of a hostess?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

go through 2 interviews with 2 different General Managers, one in English one in French. I than proceeded to have 2 online tests, one personality and one IQ. The interviews were very much conversational rather than Q&A. I was already an employee with the company and I was asked to apply.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to change from working as an employee to working as a manager   1 Answer

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Congratulations on the new position! We're glad the experience was a positive one.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I came in for a walk in interview. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. She started off by asking why I was applying at the keg. She then asked me to name five types of vodkas and five types of wine. When I was only able to answer 3/5 for both, she simply told me that I need to have an above average knowledge of both. I continued to explain that I would love to have the chance to learn, since all my past experience was very limited in terms of wine. I wish I would have been given the chance to show her my personality. I was recommended for the job by one of their managers who I had previously served. She told me that I would be perfect for the job and that I would have the opportunity to train and learn all about wine parings.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review- we'd love to hear more about this experience , please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in January 2018.

Interview

I walked in, nicely asked to speak to the manager and had to wait for about ten minutes. When the manager came out he introduced himself and led me to a table where we sat down for a quick interview. Overall very nice guy.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

26 Mar 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.