Kenshoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kenshoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Kenshoo

2.8

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

Terrible HR process. Did not have a Zoom link for one of the many interviews that was booked and also the last interviewer didn’t even show up so I had to reschedule for the next day. HR never followed up on next steps and had ignored all the follow up emails. Complete waste of 2 hours of my time with no transparency or communication.

Interview Questions

Kenshoo Response

22 Oct 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This certainly does not sound like the type of experience we strive to create for our candidates. The recruiting team has discussed this feedback internally, reviewed our process flows to ensure full alignment, and would love to hear from you directly, if possible, to better understand what occurred in your specific situation. Regardless, we greatly appreciate the time and energy that you committed to our interview process and wish you all the best!

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Was messaged by a recruiter about the position. Then had a 30 minute video interview with the Director of Client Success. (This step was great!).
    Then got moved to another video interview with 3 people: another Client Success Director, Director of Operations and HR Manager. It felt a bit unorganized because this interview took 1 week+ to get scheduled because the recruiter thought the HR person would reach out to me, and the HR person thought that the Recruiter would connect with me. During this video interview, the HR manager seemed very distracted and not interested in what I was saying at all. They seemed tired, asked me the same questions 3 times, and I could tell they were checking incoming slack messages and smiling about them while I was trying to answer important questions about the role. It did not seem like they was taking notes either, which was disappointing.
    2 weeks went by and I haven’t heard anything from anyone at Kenshoo. I have not followed up either because I ended up taking an offer from somewhere else in the meantime!

Interview Questions

• What things do you do to stay up to date on technology?   Answer Question
    • Explain how your work background shows you can handle important client requests.   Answer Question

16 Nov 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We greatly appreciate the time and energy you committed to our interview process. We are sorry to hear that you did not feel fully supported throughout. This is definitely not characteristic of the experience we strive to create, nor the feedback we typically receive. We will take a look at what happened and make adjustments, as appropriate. Congrats on your new role! We hope the opportunity proves to be everything you want and more!

Vice President, Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by hiring manager interview. Next round was 4 x 45 minute interviews with various members of the team. The next round was another interview with the hiring manager. Up until this process it was all standard and what I would expect from an interview process. However after the second hiring manager interview I had to wait a full 10 days wwithout any feedback whatsoever. Teh icing on the cake was receiving a scripted "Thanks for you interest but we are exploring candidates with more relevant experience" at 2pm on a SUNDAY. Being told No is something you have to accept, but the way the message was delivered at 2pm on a Sunday and after such a long time was extremely disappointing and, in my opinion, totally not necessary. If this is the way potential VPs are treated, then it says something about the culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions- about past experience, relevance, why I wanted the role, situational questions etc.   Answer Question

17 Aug 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was our distinct pleasure to get to know you through the interview process. We are honored you found Kenshoo worthy to commit your time and energy, and are disappointed that the way we concluded did not appear to reflect this. As you mentioned, this is a critical, and senior, role for the Company. We needed to be sure to take the necessary time to fully consider and make a final decision. Our usual approach, however, would have been to schedule a call with you to discuss that decision live during regular business hours. We have reviewed our internal processes to ensure this does not occur again. We wish you the absolute best and hope, in time, you may reconsider that this was a mistake and not reflective of the caring culture we strive to embody in everything we do at Kenshoo.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best I’ve ever experienced! The recruiter was very timely, transparent, and respectful throughout the entire process. I was reached out to about 1-2 weeks after applying. After initial screening, went through an additional round and then final round interviews, which were a mix of 1 on 1s, 2 on 1s, and a group. All was over Zoom due to covid, but that was enough to showcase how positive, kind, organized, and passionate the team was. Within a few days after final round and references were called, I received a call with the offer. Impressed overall with this company and looking forward to what’s ahead!

Interview Questions

• Had to create a presentation around Smart Bidding and strategic recommendations   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

The weirdest interview I've had so far, I was emailed about my application to set up a phone screen. They sent me the available times and dates to choose from, however, I would get no response after I replied. They would email me a week later after the given dates had passed only to tell me "sorry that slot has been taken up already". This continued for 3 weeks until they finally decided on a day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked no questions, they just looked through my resume and critiqued my skills and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Easy, pleasant interview. Took about 2-3 weeks from getting a phone call back to accepting an offer. Pretty general questions asking how I'd approach the job's tasks and what I would do to teach someone else how to use a software.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you and a client had a conflict. How did you respond and how did the dynamic shift?   Answer Question
    • If you had to show someone how to use a software, what approach would you take in giving a demo?   Answer Question
    • If your life was a book, what would be the title?   Answer Question
    • Give a presentation explaining conversion tracking and attribution.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process took 5 weeks. It started with an initial phone screen call with an HR personal for 30 minutes. It continued with another phone call with the manager of the support team for 30 minutes where skills and experience were discussed. After the second interview, I was asked to complete 2 sets of 30-40 multiple questions about SQL and object oriented programming. The following day, I was scheduled for an on-site interview in the Chicago office. The on-site interview included interviews with 4 personals: 1 HR personal, 2 team managers and 1 support team member. The technical portion consisted with questions about 4 different areas that needed to be complete within 1 hour: SQL, Data Analysis, Code Analysis and composite an email. Even thought I received a positive feedback during the interview and followed up with HR by sending emails, I received a general rejection email more then 2 weeks after the on-site interview with no personal feedback. Overall, I was disappointed with the approach that the company decide on how to treat potential candidates. The HR department kept on communication during the interview process however, post the on-site interview they leave their candidates with no response or a feedback on how they did. Candidates that invest time and effort to learn about the company culture and prove their experience for a potential role.

Interview Questions

• A set of reports are print from a queue. Why report X didn't print on time?   1 Answer
    • A select statement is running for 2 tables. Confirm if all data is printed or not. Please explain.   1 Answer

Client Success Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I interviewed at Kenshoo (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Coordinated a call with the recruiter for a 30 min intro only for her to never call. I sent a follow up email to reschedule the call which resulted in another no call. Didn’t bother following up again.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kenshoo (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

A great prospective team and a smooth interview process. However, dealing with HR was interesting.

I thought everyone I met in person and spoke with over the phone was upfront and nice to me. They had a written test for my skills check which I wish was on a laptop. I enjoyed my interactions with my prospective manager.

The red flags in HR:
    1. Someone from HR was one of the interviewers during my final group interview stage. I thought that was odd but looked past it. Little did I know that this was a warning shot to tell me that HR is working on becoming better at benefits and service.
    2. Kenshoo sent an offer with the number of shares I would receive but no estimated value of what they could be worth. I realized they are private and not looking to go public. This means they have every right not to share that information. Kenshoo's argument was consistent that they are profitable. With other offers I have received, they give an approximation for the value of the shares with a disclosure saying it could fluctuate. Not sure why Kenshoo does not provide the same info. Perhaps it is an Israeli thing.
    3. I interacted mostly with HR in Chicago and New York. They were nice but then a couple weeks later after I had signed their offer, I received a higher one from another company. I reached out to Kenshoo again to see if they could match it. Kenshoo said no and if I had decided to stay with the company that I should consider the reputation I would have.
    4. I was planning to show up on my first day and thought they understood that I was upfront in the hiring process about my situation. However, it makes sense that my commitment was in question for bringing a competing outside offer after signing. Not certain of the legality of this but Kenshoo said my offer was considered void. Then I was told not to show up for my first day.
    5. Two months later, I received an official rejection email for the same role.

I want HR and the executives at Kenshoo are aware of this scenario. Hopefully, it is not a common occurrence. I hope for the sake of the current employees they do fix these issues.

Interview Questions

Kenshoo Response

4 Feb 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the interview process. I'm sorry to hear part of your experience was not as positive as it could have been. I will say this situation was an exception and one we rarely find ourselves in. Our HR works closely with our teams throughout the hiring process and does interview all candidates for all positions. It is important to us as a company that potential hires are a good fit with our core values, our culture and are genuinely interested in building their careers as part of the Kenshoo family. Unfortunately we ultimately did not feel this was the case at the end of this process. Should you want to talk further, please feel free to reach out our HR team at hr-us@kenshoo.com. We wish you all the best, thank you.

Client Success Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kenshoo.

Interview

Typical couple phone interviews before being asked to do a 3 hour interview in-person followed by a 30 minute presentation.

I'm assuming I never received an offer because I never heard back. Just as so many other reviews have stated on GD, if I am going to take time out of my busy schedule to do an on-site interview, at least have the courtesy to spend 2 minutes on a simple reply instead of not even acknowledging I took PTO to come and speak with you.
    - Very unprofessional
    - NO 401(k) match
    - No eye contact from some of interviewers
    - Check watches/phone in middle of presentation to check time
    - Even if offered, would have declined offer

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you and a client had conflicting ideas and how you went about solving it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.