King's College London Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

King's College London Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at King's College London

3.5

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Very calm, friendly panel. Appropriate questions asked. Testing of your reaction to critical situations which I believe is necessary for the specific role I applied for. I was told I had the position within the time frame they gave to me.

Interview Questions

• If a vulnerable participant expressed they had views to kill themselves, how would you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for King's College London

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I was given 6 days notice for an interview comprised of a 10min presentation on a research proposal for the job and then a 40minute panel interview. I was given a date and time and when I told them that I had a flight at the same time as the interview (with proof) they did not give me the option to reschedule the interview for the week after when I'd be back in the country. After 2 days I had been preparing for the interview but didn't hear back from them so I emailed again letting them know I can reschedule my flight if they cannot accommodate a change in interview time. I did not hear back until the evening before the interview as they told me the co-ordinator was out of office (but did not have an out of office on). They asked me if I can Skype the interview whilst I am on holiday - when I told them I am going somewhere remote with poor wifi and I don't really want to take my laptop is there no chance we can reschedule for a face to face presentation when I am back I was told no. They were very unhelpful and HR had very poor communication. A week after the interview I did not hear back even though I was told I'd hear back after a week so I emailed again - 3 days later got a rejection email. I asked for feedback. Did not hear back. All in all a very horrible candidate experience especially as it was my dream job. Being forced to prepare for a presentation before a holiday and having to prepare for it whilst on holiday is not ideal at all.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London.

Interview

Short interview process on a panel with three researchers. Standard questions and nothing too complicated. No presentation. As I was interviewing for a research assistant role they were particular interested in my technical skills rather than my scientific knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

5 minute presentation and 25 minute interview. Panel was really friendly but being the end of the workday, seemed slightly dismissive. Questions were pretty straightforward, nothing unexpected. Had to fly in, as they couldn’t accomodate postponing the interview by 1 day.

Interview Questions

• What’s your experience in scientific writing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England).

Interview

the interview included a panel of 3 including competency based questions, a presentation on a pre specified title and a simple assessment where I was asked to look at data coding

Interview Questions

• One question involved talking about my favourite or most used analytical method   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King's College London in April 2017.

Interview

Received interview within 2 days. Interview was a week later. Interview included 30mins technical task (in my case MATLAB script writing) and 30mins panel interview. Interview was relatively standard. I was asked a range of questions from general interview questions (Why KCL, why this department...) to more technical (statistics...).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview with two people. It took around 15 minutes in the office at KCL. As it is a research assistant job, so the related work experience is important to the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

it was so long ago i cannot recall, but i got the job and have been working here since. i found an advertisement and send some of my information to the head of the deparrtment. he liked my expeience and set up an interview after a few months

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at King's College London (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

they have been very friendly at the interview. Average difficulty. Not difficult at all. Reasonable number of questions. Have to present my previous work experience and talk about how I could be a good fit for the vacancy advertised.

Interview Questions

• calculate how to prepare a solution of a given molarity.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at King's College London in March 2010.

Interview

I would have to say it was an alright interview, but a little too intense for a research job. It consisted of a 30 minute computer competency test in which someone was there in the room timing you and watching you as you completed tasks from this paper that were very confusing. Then, I had to take another test in front of the interview panel directly after showing my phone competency skills to deal with participants. A major pain for the fact that it was research related. I think I was thrown off for the rest of the interview because of all the tests. I think I did well but I didn't get the job after all. I already had a job for the University of London and the interview was quick and painless. This interview was just more intense than it needed to be. My advice is to NOT apply for the Institute of Psychiatry unless you want some people who are too serious about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Essentially I had to describe what I would do EN VIVO (part of the telephone test/question) about what I would do if a participant responded negatively to a question or did not what to do it and how would you persuade them without pressure.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.