Kirkland & Ellis Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Kirkland & Ellis Interview Questions

Interviews at Kirkland & Ellis

Associate Interview

Interview

Standard OCI screener then a call back with 5 or so attorney interviews followed by a lunch with more junior attorneys. As with most interviews out of law school getting through the screener is the harder part.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Did a screener through oci then callback interview with 5 attorneys. All via zoom due to covid. Interview format was very conversational. Asks about things on the resume and why x location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your experience at x.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 different people, and each interview lasted half an hour. All the interviewers were very nice. The question focused on my prior experience and the reasons why I was interviewing for the position.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Interview

interviewed in 2018 for a position in greater China area. Unpleasant experience. Unprofessional questions. The interviewer asked my horoscope and suggested Aries won't have many friends??? Seriously....?? Horoscope? I bet he just didn't like Aries somehow:)

Interview Questions

• Why did an interviewer ask questions about your horoscope??   Answer Question

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis.

Interview

The first interview was a quick fifteen minute phone call interview about your interest in the position and whether you meet their basic requirements. Interview was followed by a timed proof-reading test online.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working overtime? Are you okay with a 2 year work commitment?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

I would say the interview process was pretty chill. They let you interview with both partners and associates from the office. Everyone I had an interview with was very friendly and curious to learn about me.

Security GRC Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Was reached out to about the role by a recruiter. Responded back the same day and didn't get a follow-up until two and a half weeks later.
    The recruiter seemed disorganized during the phone screen. They scheduled the interview with the hiring manager the following day, and then changed the time two times.
    The first round was with the hiring manager, and while nice, came off a bit condescending. Asked me why I was qualified for the role when I didn't have enough experience (I most certainly do, and the recruiter clearly thought I had enough experience?). The interview questions themselves were more focused on rote memorization, rather than a demonstration of my knowledge and past experience (e.g. name 10 domains in this control framework).
    I declined to advance further as it did not seem to be a good match culturally.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 domains from ISO and example controls from each   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis.

Interview

I was contact by the human resources department who set up a interview between the recruiting team and myself. I had two office interviews - I met with the recruiting team as well as a few partners. I was given an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this job/what relevant experience do you have?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (New York, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very very professional, many excellent questions, made me feel very welcomed and loved the atmosphere created by the wonderful employees, can not wait to work here forever and ever, dream job

Interview Questions

• How can you help the company   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland & Ellis (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A week after the screening interview with one apartment in my city's office, K&E flew me to Boston for callbacks. The interview consisted of four, twenty-minute interviews (two associates, two partners). Everyone--especially the recruiter who walked me around the office--was very friendly and I left knowing I would have had a good experience with the people there had I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• One of the partners asked me to tell him the story of my life.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.