Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Kohl's

3,566 Interview Reviews

2.1

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rockford, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online. They contacted me two days later. Went in for an interview the following week. The interview was only 15 minutes long with a manager. It was a comfortable and pretty easy interview.

Part Time Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Missouri City, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I waited 35 minutes from the appointed time of my interview before I was met by the manager. While waiting, I saw him enter and exit the restroom and also cruise the floor without ever stopping in to let me know he would be with me shortly.

Interview Questions

• How did I see my work performance and work ethic in relation to coworkers at my current position - was I a better employee than most of my coworkers and why?   4 Answers

Negotiation

There was none, other than I negotiated to work two ten hour shift each Saturday and Sunday, and that I would need two weekends off in a row each quarter to accommodate my schedule with my full time employer.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I walked to the back of the store where the employee lounge is located. I asked the customer service lady where the interview was and she told me to wait there. The assistant store manager came out to greet me and we went to her office. She asked a few of the normal questions and since I'm a student (college town) she asked about school and how my schedule would be affected. After the interview, she said she was going to go talk to the store manager. I could hear her talking about me and less than a minute later I was ushered into his office. He was much more relaxed and talked more about personal matters than interview questions. He must have liked my answers because I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that became agitated and started yelling at you?   2 Answers

POA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Akron, OH (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I was the only one who showed up. They asked me how I would sell a kids book. The manager was very friendly and I had no problem talking to them.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people to sign up for credit cards?   2 Answers

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Corona, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

This was a group interview. The process was simple and straightforward. This was years ago when the location was first opening. I believe that group interviews are still implemented, but with much smaller groups.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with soliciting credit?

Describe a time that you have gone above and beyond to assist someone?   2 Answers

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Moreno Valley, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received and email about choosing an interview date. Group interview with about 6 other people. Questions were for everyone and each person had to give an answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is most important about customer service?   1 Answer

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Salem, NH (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy at my location. First you apply online and pick the location you are applying for. Then Human Resources usually get back to you the next day and they ask you to set up a date for interview. While you are waiting for the interview date HR runs a background check. And when you go to your interview they usually ask you a couple of easy questions. Mine included why I wanted to work at Kohl's and what I could get from the job. After a brief 15 minute interview I was told they wanted to hire me and then I signed some forms. Soon after you will hear back from your location about scheduling you and training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   2 Answers

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a scheduled interview. Interview process was pretty fast and easy. Got asked questions based on my previous experiences, availability, and if I was willing to work during the weekends. I got hired right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with customer service?   1 Answer

Point of Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Canton, OH (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview with HR manager. Easy setting and no pressure. Was interactive interview, about 5 total questions. Was advised of the job, duties and hiring process. Signed forms and if we were hired would be notified of position and offer via email

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online, it took a few weeks to hear anything and I received a phone call for a face-to-face interview. The interview didn't last very long, I had just graduated high school (this was years ago). They told me about the job, what to expect and asked if I thought I could do what the job required. I responded with "Absolutely!" And I stayed employed at Kohls for 5+ years.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to conflict among co-workers?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.