Kohl's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Kohl's

3,639 Interview Reviews

2.1

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Met at a job fair and was connected with a recruiter who set up the interview. It was done online in a video chat setting. It was a fairly straightforward interview. There was also a separate math assessment.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with data you are not familiar with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The day after doing 3 LC Easy-Medium problems on HireVue (which I hate with a passion, but for this it was pretty much just for coding, no video or audio, just typing) I got an email saying they wanted to fly me out to interview. I'm pretty sure I got one of the problems wrong, and I didn't spend too much time on it, so I was surprised.

The experience was fantastic. I flew to their HQ and they paid for a very nice hotel along with a bunch of other candidates for different roles and we had a candidate dinner, toured around in the buildings at their HQ, and had three interviews and watched some presentations. The interviews were all very casual, and no algorithmy technical questions were asked. You're being interviewed by managers whose team you might be placed on, so I believe they are trying to make sure you're a person that they would want to work with.

My overall impression is that most of the "selection" is at the resume level, and unless you don't even reasonably try the coding challenge or are a jerk or something in interviewing you'll probably get get an offer. Thus, my advice would be that if you do get the coding challenge, spend a bit of time making an attempt, and assuming you're flown out, focus on appearing a confident, competent, and friendly person to work with. Nervousness, not lack of technical preparation, is your greatest enemy; do practice behavioral interviews and have lots of "stories" prepared.

I was extremely impressed and had a fun time. I know I would have had fun working as an intern, and in the future I'll definitely consider applying for full time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you see yourself working on at Kohl's? Other general STAR questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online, got am email to visit the store for an interview. They then asked me some very general question about customer service and how I would act in certain situations and gave me the offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They then asked me some very general question about customer service and how I would act in certain situations and gave me the offer on the spot.   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I talked to Khol's at a campus career fair. Got asked back for first round of interviews about a week later. Talked to two current store managers who went through the internship. About two weeks later had the final round of interviews which was with a talent manager and district manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that someone took/got credit for something you did? How did you react to this?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview with the Assistant Store Manager, pretty straightforward ask couple of behavioral questions. I elaborated on my resume. Talk about which areas I can work and be helpful. Even though I had no experience on retail sales, I talked about e - commerce related topics.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Interviewed in person as a group (mine was at least 6 people). This was my first ever interview. They asked about previous experience or if we were students, majority of is were, and how we would deal with different situations. They said that an email will be sent with their decision.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a quick process that involved all over the phone interviews. I did not meet them in person until after I was already hired. The interview process consisted of multiple phone calls with different people in the company to learn more about the position. The company does not use any video call technology, therefore it was all literally just phone calls because I was living in a different area and could not come into the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Received an email the day I applied, asking to set up an interview. It was an automated email basically, you clicked the link and it took you to a page where you could schedule a time and date for your interview. Went in on the day I scheduled my interview, it was very laid back and quick, maybe 15 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone doing something illegal or against company rules?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was short and easy. Manager asked a few questions about previous experience and strengths and weaknesses. She also asked about my ability to work as a team and to provide an example in which I had gone above and beyond for a customer.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

The interview process was informal and straight forward. I applied for the Softlines Supervisor position and met with the store manager and the assistant store manager. They asked a series of questions that were printed off.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time you had to take care of an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.